PDA

View Full Version : what form of hold'em has the least variance?No risk and 1k/month?

NLfool
11-13-2003, 09:20 PM
well this may sound like I'm a total newbie but in fact after graduation and little luck in the job market I played poker to pay my rent and bills for close to 1.5 years. I've played up to 30/60 limit and NL. I've been profitable since this endeavor the last 6 monthss of 2002 and the entire year of 2003. Well I thought I was on pace for a 30k+ year in August but things have slowed down tremendously. I was up to 20k in mid August but the last 3 months I've only averaged a little over 1k/ month playing exclusively NL. Granted I don't play as much now but I'm sure a lot of fish have gone bust, the other fish have gotten better and of course in time players have notes on my style and know where I stand. It's been great as I've paid off my school loans, made a down payment on my car with these winnings but I'm about to enter grad school, engaged, and maybe starting a family soon. For the past month I've been at the prima network with their promotions and been playing the 2.5/5 and 5/10 NL. I'm up 2.5k in the last month which isn't anything but the swings have been tremendous. Some days down 1k+ some days up large etc. It's been terrible on me mentally and with so many inpending big bills, school, significant other I can definitely do without the mood swings involved with hundred and thousand dollar swings. Already I think the $25 and $50 buyin NL is the best bet to earn additional income with almost no risk. Haven't ever really played the 1/2 and 2/4 limit hold'em but is that an easier way to make spending money? And what style do you use there?