PDA

View Full Version : AQs from MP2....... Maybe lucky, or maybe I was "awarded" this.....

Gomez22
11-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Gomez has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP2

Gomez raises, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(10 SB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Gomez bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls

Turn(12 BB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

River(18 BB): J/images/graemlins/club.gif

Can there be more calling stations at a table? I wanted to try for a check-raise on the river, but the paired board had me a little frightened.... especially as passive as these players were..... I figured one of them might have filled up and NOT even known it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MP3 had: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif..... Why no raise on the turn?
Button had: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif..... HUH?
SB had: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif..... no flop raise?????
BB had: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif...... dear lord......

Can there be any better of a table to play at than this? You'll never pay much with losing hands, and they let you have as many cards as you want..... for free, probably.... I honestly CANNOT believe I NEVER got raised or reraised here..... It totally boggles my mind..... SHEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, yeah..... any comments here? If I woulda been raised anyplace AFTER the flop, I woulda prolly folded..... 4.... yes, FOUR players allowed me to draw out and win this hand......... still unbelievable......

JTG51
11-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Check the turn. You got called by 4 players and have no pair.

If I woulda been raised anyplace AFTER the flop, I woulda prolly folded..

I hope that's not true. Folding to a flop raise would have been a huge mistake, and it probably would have been a mistake on the turn also, depending on where the raise came from and how many callers there were.

Did Slavic's decoder format this for you? It looks like there is a mistake, there should have been 7.5 Big Bets in the pot going to the turn, not 12.

Gomez22
11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Yeah.... It was slavic's.....

Couple of questions........ I wouldn't have folded to a raise on the flop, but why is folding to a raise on the turn a bad thing? What if the raise would have put me in a situation of being head's-up against the raiser? I would say with this board, I only had 4 outs.... the jacks.......

JTG51
11-13-2003, 10:00 PM
...but why is folding to a raise on the turn a bad thing?

Like I said, it depends on where the action comes from. If you bet, got raised, and it was heads up it's probably a fold. If you bet, got raised, and had a cold caller or two, it's probably a call.

Gomez22
11-13-2003, 10:06 PM

Fistdantilus
11-13-2003, 10:25 PM
No offense, but you played just as poorly as each and every one of them. You're playing 4 outs on a paired board, betting into a whole herd of cattle with Nut-No-Pair.

Fistdantilus

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Check the turn Gomez and call a bet for your gut-shot.

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to try for a check-raise on the river, but the paired board had me a little frightened

[/ QUOTE ]

As it should, I'd bet the river also.

[ QUOTE ]
Can there be any better of a table to play at than this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Gomez, some day I'll tell the story when I was check raised and check-raised 3-bet on the river holding quad tens in a 5/10 Kill hand (10/20), best cap I ever made. EDIT: (PS, neither player had a boat /images/graemlins/shocked.gif)

Peace,
Joe Tall

Gomez22
11-13-2003, 10:39 PM
How can I take offense from a guy named after a character from the Dragonlance series????

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK... having said that... it's debate time:

1. How can I raise PF, then NOT bet when it's checked all the way around to me, I have the nut-straight gutshot, a backdoor nut-flush draw, AND an overcard to the flop?

2. I can see where I probably shoulda checked the turn, but I was "feeling" it, and got no opposition. Maybe a bad argument here, but it's all I have for the turn.

3. How can you possibly say that I played the river bad? Unless you're wearing a skirt, and have cute little ponytails in your hair, you HAVE to bet this river given the non-existance of action or opposition on the flop and turn.

lil'
11-13-2003, 11:24 PM
2. I can see where I probably shoulda checked the turn, but I was "feeling" it, and got no opposition. Maybe a bad argument here, but it's all I have for the turn.

"feeling it"
ROFL
You're losing on the turn so don't put more money in there than you have to on your way to the river.

But you picked up 4BB. If you're gonna make a mistake, that's one you'd like to make.

Gomez22
11-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Hey... I admitted that it was a bad argument.... at least give me points for creativity, originality, fishiness, or just overall dumb-assness.............

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW...... Would you have bet the flop here, lil?

lil'
11-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Maybe not. Your semibluff has zero chance of working.