PDA

View Full Version : TGC 1/2 NL hand

jfresh
11-13-2003, 07:44 PM
I had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif one seat away from the button, 4 limpers to me and I limped as well. SB completed, BB checked

Flop:
10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Action goes:
check, check, bet $2, raise $14, I called $14, SB folds, BB folds
UTG folds, UTG+1 (checked originally) check raises for all-in ($142, which covers me). fold, fold, and now its to me

Lack of concentration (I was tired and playing 3 tables) had me calling without hesitation. I've known GC players to go allin on bluffs, so it wasn't a terrible decision, but I probably should have thought about it some more.

Anyway, you can probably guess what he had (22 for trips.) Turn and river were no help, so he took down the pot.

I know it is probably doable, but who would really fold in this situation?

TylerD
11-13-2003, 07:49 PM
It cries out set, sorry, its an easy fold.

el_grande
11-13-2003, 08:13 PM
This is exactly what destroyed my stack in a NL tourney this week. I learned my lesson - never (unless really unusual circumstances) call a huge raise with high-pair high kicker.

So, yes, I would fold it.

crockpot
11-13-2003, 08:56 PM
I know it is probably doable, but who would really fold in this situation?

yes, and after folding i would ask myself "why am i playing a hand where i can hit a miracle flop and still not feel comfortable pushing all in?" then i would stop playing said hand when there are four limpers to me.

tpir90036
11-14-2003, 04:30 AM
the only things that check raises all-in here after a bet a raise and a cold-call of said raise is a set or someone with enormous cajones. if you had a read on the player in question and thought he was trying to put a play on the entire table, i could see making an argument to call....personally, i save plays like that for tournaments /images/graemlins/wink.gif

p.s. stop playing 3 tables at once, then you might have a read on your opponents.
p.p.s. beware ATo. i think this is a raise or fold situation leaning towards fold with that many limpers.

Foldarama_City
11-14-2003, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
after folding i would ask myself "why am i playing a hand where i can hit a miracle flop and still not feel comfortable pushing all in?" then i would stop playing said hand when there are four limpers to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

But would you really be any more comfortable with AK and hitting two pair in this situation? Or are you saying you would fold AK that preflop with limpers. I assume you would raise - you still might get 22 calling your raise however.

nicky g
11-14-2003, 07:21 AM
"never (unless really unusual circumstances) call a huge raise with high-pair high kicker. "

he has top 2 pair.