PDA

View Full Version : Belated Post: UB WPT Final Event in Aruba

Goodie
11-13-2003, 06:12 PM
This is a hand that I played in Aruba near the end of the first day of the $4000.00 buy in main event. A little history:

My main opponent in this hand had been one of the most aggresive players at the table, but our table was fairly tight, so he wasn't by any means playing wild, but he knew how to steal blinds. I had played two previous hands with him. The first, he raised a standard amount, I made a reasonable re-raise with AA and he mucked fairly quickly pre-flop. The second hand I played with him was the one immediatly prior to this one. He raised in mid-late position, I flat called with 33. I flopped a set, went all in after he bet, and he folded. Now, the hand:

Blinds 300-600, I have about 13000, not exactly sure as I didn't count them because of the fairly good size pot I was raking in after moving in on this same player. I'm in the cutoff, folded to him, he raises to 2100, he still has me covered. I have JJ and re-raise to 5000 straight. The blinds get out of the way. At this point, the tourney directors come over and inform us that our table is breaking after this hand. My opponent, when the action gets back to him asks "Is this the last hand before we move?", the director says yes and then he proceeds to move in.

Decision time. I really want to make it to the second day of this tourney, but I also want to make it there with some chips. I hadn't seen this player make a move like this the whole day and the one time he re-raised someone else, he had QQ. I think for a good two minutes. He then proceeds to call the clock on me. I have one minute to act. YOUR MOVE! Results to follow.

Bozeman
11-13-2003, 07:23 PM
If you aren't gonna fold to this, you should have raised allin (unless you were setting him up to make a loose allin, but it sure doesn't sound like that).

Craig

jbc
11-13-2003, 09:40 PM
My move:

I fold and live to see another day (at least hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif).

jbc