PDA

View Full Version : an answer about raked hands

scotnt73
11-13-2003, 06:08 PM
I have seen several posts asking about raked hands for bonuss and they almost always wind up being just the definition of a raked hand. Here is my answer for newer players. I just discovered this today. I got a 60$ bonus at party today with a deposit I made. I need to play 300 RAKED hands before dec 13th to get the money. I went home at lunch and played for an hour(1 game no multi table). I saw the flop 7 times in that hour and there was only a rake on 5 of those. I thought great 5 down 295 to go! When i logged off after the hour i looked at my bonus account and it said that i had played 44 of the 300 raked hands needed. WOW! I guess it counts every raked hand that you are sitting at the table! This is just FYI because i didnt understand raked hands until now.

rusty JEDI
11-13-2003, 06:16 PM
It can differ site to site.

Wsex uses "contributed" raked hands so you only count a rake hand when you have put money into the pot and it gets raked. So a fold preflop outside of the blinds does not count for you.

But at party you get credit for any hand that you were dealt cards and later a rake was taken. So here you can fold preflop and get credit.

At the gamingclub we are still uncertain but it is some form of contributed raked hand. Someone even speculated you had to go to showdown to get credit.

scotnt73
11-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Oh OK. I always wondered why it was so hard to find a definite answer about what constitutes a raked hand towards a bonus. Thanks.

TruePoker CEO
11-13-2003, 06:50 PM
We consider any hand where you are dealt in to be a raked hand if a rake is eventually taken from that pot. It doesn't matter who bet or contributed.

CONSEQUENTLY, if you are dealt into a 10-20 hand which sees the flop, you played in a raked hand, regardless of whether you bet. Unlike sites which require "contributions", we value your play for showing up in the game, how you play is up to you.

We adopted this approach from Day One because it is the most fair way to value players' contributions to the site. We do not ask you to vary how tightly or loosely you want to play, and do not seek to influence that. Rather, all we ask is that you show up, pay your blinds and play however loose/tight/aggressive/passive/action/rock YOU think is best.

A site which uses our "dealt-in" formula affords a fair value to 5-10, 10 - 20 players, versus those site(s) which adopt a "must bet" formula.

Truepoker CEO