PDA

View Full Version : A HU hand with some action

PokerNoob
11-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed) Typical loose passive first cup o'coffee table.
Hero has T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP2

EP1 limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, EP1 folds, Hero calls. This seems pretty standard. No cap with tens, right?

Flop(800 SB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls. Cap and hope he didn't start with Jacks. Make him pay for any overcard draws. Is this move overly aggressive?

Turn(1200 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls. Concern with the bet on the blank, relief with the call. He must finally realize I might actually have a made hand. Still, was I overly aggressive with the raise? If reraised, I go into calldown mode.

River(1600 BB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls. If he checkraises me with QQ, so be it. He doesn't and flips the pocket aces.

rkiray
11-13-2003, 05:35 PM
looks good to me.

TheRake
11-13-2003, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop(800 SB)

Turn(1200 BB)

River(1600 BB)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!!! what a pot!! You can draw to just about anything with these pot odds /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway..nicely played..I aspire to play this hand exactly the same.

BTW congrats on your new member status

TheRake

ElSapo
11-13-2003, 06:16 PM
I might consider not capping, and looking to raise the turn. Sometimes capping the flop will keep an opponent from betting the turn. As it is, you played it perfectly.

Robk
11-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Great point, exactly what I was going to say.

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he checkraises me with QQ, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you have to bet your house on the river.

You know why?

[ QUOTE ]
flips the pocket aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

Nice Hand,
JT