PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 10's & KQ Suited

Sven
11-13-2003, 04:25 PM
HAND 1
I'm dealt 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in CO 7 Hand

post UTG Calls, EMP Calls, MP2 Calls, I Call, SB Calls, BB Checks

K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP2 Bets, I Call, BB Calls, UTG Calls

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif [K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Checked to MP2 which Bets, I Call, BB Calls.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif [K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
MP2 Bets, I Call, BB Calls

On this hand would it make sense to Raise MP2 after his bet on the Turn to see if he would raise? That would almost for sure put him on a set of K's wouldn't you think? That was my thinking after the hand was done but by then it was to late and now I'm just trying to learn from my mistake.

HAND 2
I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif MP 5 Handed

EP Calls, I Call, Button Calls, SB Raises, BB Calls, EP Calls, I Call, Button Calls

8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB Bets, BB Calls, I Raise, Button Calls, SB Calls, BB Calls

4 /images/graemlins/club.gif [8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Checked To Me & I Bet, Button Calls, SB Calls

Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Checked to me & I Bet, Button Calls, SB Calls

Any Suggestions on Hand 2? In this position with suited cards would that warrent a Raise?

Results later today /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rkiray
11-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Hand 1 : I would often raise pf, but not always, TT is a borderline raising hand IMO. I'd fold the turn everytime. Someone probably has you beat.

Hand 2 : short handed I'd raise pf. Everything else looks fine.

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Hand #1

Preflop: Pocket Tens are good enough hand to raise after a few limpers. You may 'buy the button' and knock out the blinds to gain position.

On the turn w/the board pairing and the flush out there, I would release this hand. I may not even had taken one off on the flop with the overcard and so many players.

Hand #2

This is a definate raise preflop.

Other than that I think you played the hand well, postflop.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Robk
11-13-2003, 07:16 PM
In hand 1 you're in a raise or fold situation on the flop. Calling is the worst option by far. This is a very important concept to understand.

Sven
11-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Ok let me understand this you say I should raise or fold, Ok If I Reraise and all is called I guess this puts me in control of the hand right? or wrong? If so this could buy me a free card on the turn if I wanted one right or wrong? Thanks Mike

Gomez22
11-13-2003, 08:23 PM
In hand #1, I woulda raised PF... it would make it soooooo much easier to play..... If checked to you, bet the flop, and if raised, call, take another card, as this IS a flush flop..... at the turn, time to fold....... If bet into, raise and see if called, or re-raised.... If re-rasied, time to fold, if not, bet out on the turn if checked to you, and play by results... If bet into on the turn, you can easily fold.

HAND #2
With everyone already committed to the pot by the time it gets back to you, you COULD try for a 3-bet here..... a flush flop would be gorgeous for that..... Personally, I would raise KQs PF anyway..... I like the flop raise, and taking command of the hand from there..... Good playing.