PDA

View Full Version : My moneymakeresque suck out with 88......

Schmed
11-13-2003, 03:37 PM
I have T6000 or so, blinds are 200/400, (I'm pretty sure on that...plus or minus 100), in a 30+3 limit holdm tourny on Stars. I had been playing typically tight and unfortunately my cards were running cold.

The other player of interest has me covered but not by much, I want to say he had around T7500. He is sitting directly to my right.

He raises, I reraise, all folds to him and he hits it again, I just call. Flop comes 674, 2 spades, he bets, I raise, he reraises, I cap all in.

He of course turns over two red aces. It comes runner runner spade, 5,9 giving me a str8 flush.

I obviously put him on an A with a face card, and wasn't going to let him push me around, (in my TeddyKGB voice). Well the freaking bell went off in my head as he hit it again on the flop and I put myself in a position where I had to make a stand. I figured, 'I own the 5, 8, and I do have one of the flush cards here we go'.......

If it was one of y'all that I sucked out on be happy to know that I did finish 13th. I built my chips up from the 9k I sucked out on to 22k but couldn't get it over the top. The guy I sucked out on went all in a few hands later and lost.