PDA

View Full Version : PStars $.01/.02

RollaJ
11-13-2003, 03:31 PM
I am new to the game (second hand) in the SB. 2 limpers to me, I throw in a chip (penny) with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif only to have the BB raise.
All call back to me, and I fold, only to see the flop come 8-8-3. Did I play this wrong? should I have limped tyo begin with? I cant see calling a raise out of the BB with 8-9o.
The BB ends up dragging my 9.5 bb pot ($.19) with Aces up, and I can only wonder if I shouldnt have loosened up and thrown my two cents in.......please throw in yours

rkiray
11-13-2003, 04:07 PM
I would have completed the sb. Once I did that I'd probably call. Generally I don't think you should fold preflop for one more bet once you have put money into the pot (for image if nothing else). But the small blind may be an exception to this.

morgant
11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
i think you should have reraised preflop especially if this was the "higher limits" that you are used to

Robk
11-13-2003, 07:20 PM
I would call both times preflop.

RollaJ
11-14-2003, 12:25 PM
There is now way I raise 8-9 off out of the small blind.... except maybe an aggressive first in on the button. If I did make this play, how do I feel when it comes back to me for 3 bets($.06)

morgant
11-14-2003, 12:31 PM
I was being sarcastic cause you had stated you got bored of the pink game due to the small stakes so i wasnt convinced about your playing in a penny game....
due to my clairvoyance i would've capped with the obvious set coming on the flop

GuyOnTilt
11-14-2003, 12:59 PM
You're getting the same pot odds on your first call PF that you are on your second call. Why think one is correct and not the other? Yes, the BB is very likely to have you dominated now, but that makes your hand easier to play postflop as well, so that doesn't take enough away from my pot odds to make this fold.

Nottom
11-14-2003, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting the same pot odds on your first call PF that you are on your second call. Why think one is correct and not the other? .

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a common misconception about the SB. Sure your pot odds are the same, but your implied odds which were so high before are now cut in half. In this case I would still call the bet, but there are times (mostly with marginal suited cards and weak Aces) when I think you should fold to the BB raise.

GuyOnTilt
11-14-2003, 04:19 PM
I understand that your implied odds are now much lower, but I don't see too many hands that he could have in this particular spot where he should muck after the BB raise if his completion were correct to begin with.

RollaJ
11-14-2003, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
due to my clairvoyance i would've capped with the obvious set coming on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Wanna go to AC with me this weekend? I can use some clairvoyance /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

And while I was full of it when putting up this post I have played that game a couple of times