PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Descriptions for Fourms.

ArchAngel71857
11-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Hey all,

Due to the addition of the microlimits forum and an idea tossed out in Mason's post "Forums continue to grow," I am conducting a poll for information purposes to see if it would be a good idea to add short descriptions of what each forum should contain.

For example click on Small stakes:

"The SS forum is designed for straegy at limit Hold 'Em from limits 1/2 through 5/10. Limit smaller are in the Microlimits forum, and limits larger are in Mid-, High-Stakes forum."

"The Internet Forum is for discussion about the impact of online poker, Online poker sites, bonus info, etc."

Hopefully this could help direct all new and old posters to the correct forum. Just an idea, let everyone know what you think.

You can also post what you think the descriptions should be. But try to keep it under this topic, to keep all the info in the same place.

-AA

Homer
11-13-2003, 02:24 PM
1 and 3 would be nice.

MaxPower
11-13-2003, 02:30 PM
There already are short descriptions of the forums on the main index.

Are you talking about adding them somewhere else?

ArchAngel71857
11-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Yes, because I never use the main index. I use the little sidebar to move from Forum to Forum, and never knew the Main index existed until i had been a member for several months.

Also, I think of adding them elsewhere to help traffic posts to the right places.

-AA

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Max,

I believe he is talking about expanding the descriptions; adding more direction to the new posters on what types of posts belong where.

This would be great, as Mason has basically added another 'beginner's forum'.

Peace,
JT

hutz
11-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Why not post each forum's description as a "sticky" post that always stays at the top of the forum? I bet Mat or Mason could make such a post.

Ray Zee
11-13-2003, 10:43 PM
how about removing those that cant figure out where to post from the gene pool. the forums arent numbered they are self descriptive for anyone ever thinking that they may be smart enough to even beat a drunk showing his hand to the table.

Rushmore
11-13-2003, 10:49 PM
how about removing those that cant figure out where to post from the gene pool.

You gun nuts. Always with the "kill 'em all" mentality.

Anyway, I think we all know that those folks serve a vital purpose in this community. Their preservation is of utmost importance.

No, I don't want them marrying my daughter, either. But you know what I mean.

MaxPower
11-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Understood. It couldn't hurt to do that. People do seem to be figuring it out by themselves.

I think the micro limit forum is off to a great start. Its only up one day and already has many posts.

It probably should be moved to the Texas Holdem section as most posts are about holdem.

Joe, Thanks for taking the initiave to get this created.