PDA

View Full Version : Republican Hypocricy

HDPM
11-13-2003, 02:00 PM
This kind of stuff may be the thing that pushes me out of the party. web page (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A28252-2003Nov11?language=printer)

I hate the social conservative crap, but I am a fiscal conservative. And being the naive dupe hopeless optimist I am, I figured republicans were a better prospect for fiscal responsibility. This article ends the possibility that republicans are fiscal conservatives. The government is made up of appropriators who simply want the money to go to different stuff, based on subjective whim. I had hoped with a republican congress and republican President, spending could be controlled. Nope. Not a chance. Even if you allow for the increase in military spending, things are out of control. Feh.

adios
11-13-2003, 02:11 PM
I've been thinking recently that gridlock may be a very good means for putting a damper on government spending.

ACPlayer
11-13-2003, 02:17 PM

andyfox
11-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Introduced the word "feh" to 2+2ers.

Not a major accomplishment, but mine own.

HDPM
11-13-2003, 02:35 PM
No, it was an important accomplishment and I meant to pay it a little homage. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HDPM
11-13-2003, 02:36 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif gridlock and always have. But massive cuts are better.

Ray Zee
11-14-2003, 12:05 AM
it needs to push you out of politics. both parties spend all they can steal from us. its just where they spend it. repubs. send it to big business and the military and special interests and to payback their cronies. dems. send it to the voting class of people that supports them and to special interests and to payback their cronies.

HDPM
11-14-2003, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it needs to push you out of politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might. Not like I'm a major player or anything. I do a few things on the local and state level, but I have been doing less and less.