PDA

View Full Version : Learning On Tilt?

pretender2k
11-13-2003, 06:57 AM
Alot of this could be because I am pushing myself on my little time off to play. Experience is the best tool.

I went on tilt for awhile tonight ended up loosing $25 at .25/.5. That's alright I am still up over $100 this month. This maybe because because I have had little sleep (about 3 hours in 2 days) but I do function ok in this condition. I used to party all night now I play poker. LOL

Mostly probably frustration from trying to learn NL tourneys which I suck at.

But for my point . I have been reading the forum while I play and a few articles on loose players. There are a few in the .25/.5 game we all know. I started researching my small database in Poker Tracker and found some interesting stats on the hands I am loosing the most money on. Maybe I need to look at some of the starting hands I am playing that would be good against normal conditions and eliminate them from play in extremely loose games. A good example is I have lost less money per hand on T9s than QQ even though then win% for QQ is twice as much.
Am I off track any thoughts positive or negative welcome.

Stagemusic
11-13-2003, 07:46 AM
I am going to suspect that your database is way to small to make a judgement but overall I would think that the reason you LOSE (not loose) less money on T9 is that you are more willing to give it up when you don't hit. Simple huh? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Try this question on the Small Stakes forum. I'll bet you will get some great info there.