PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead play or sometimes you just get beat?

PokerNoob
11-13-2003, 01:49 AM
TGC OIC .5/1 Ten man table. Fairly loose, perhaps passive. My EP turned Jack trips had been folded around to my bet and my MP flopped set of sixes was folded around to my bet. My night got a lot worse, so I'm reexamining everything. This hand is the end of my first orbit, I'm on the button and am dealt 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 limps, MP limps, I limp, blinds come along for the ride.

Flop comes 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Its checked all the way around to me and I bet. Only MP calls. I wanted more callers, but perhaps he has a lonely ace, perhaps I will get a free card if needed.

Turn is 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hey, maybe there is something to this playing of low suited connectors and onegappers! Checked to me, I bet and am checkraised. Ut-oh. Maybe he's just made top two pair or is slowplaying trips. A turn checkraise is a pretty common ploy for a made strong hand, even with possible straights and flushes on the board. Anyway, I played these starters to make this hand so I'm going to show it down. I call.

River is 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I made a river two pair microlimit suckout special! But we're talking flushes in this instance. He bets and I make a semi-confident call, but not confident enough to raise. He flips J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Should I play these starters in CO or Button when I think I'm going to see half the table to the flop? Lee Jones really seems to like them for loose low limit games and even worse ones than 75.

So many other hands besides flushes checkraise on that turn card, or do they? Did I just not want to see the handwriting on the wall?

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 01:55 AM
PN,

I think you played it fine.

[ QUOTE ]
So many other hands besides flushes checkraise on that turn card, or do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, J8, 86, a set or 2-pair could have c/r the turn.

Don't doubt your preflop limp due to the results. You did fine.

Peace,
JT

chesspain
11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
This would be an easy muck for me PF, with only two limpers ahead of me. I would want to see at least four or five others ahead of me before playing relative garbage like 57s.

Otherwise, I think you played the rest of the hand fine.

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 08:29 AM
This is an easy limp on the button when you know the blinds will not raise:

Recent thread by Clarkmeister. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=402420&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post405120)

Peace,
Joe Tall

MaxPower
11-13-2003, 11:14 AM
Limping on the Button in a passive game with this hand is good. You are not going to break the bank with this hand, but you will come out ahead. Use your position wisely.

I think you played it perfectly.

rkiray
11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
I normally fold this. I was going to advise that but noticed several people said call. So I decided to check HPFAP, and they say call.