PDA

View Full Version : party support sucks again

crockpot
11-13-2003, 01:07 AM
i think i was reminded last night of why i've stayed away from party for awhile. i'm playing a 50 NL table and a guy does a blatant all-in abuse, disconnecting when his K7 is raised on a KKQT board on the turn, then showing back up after sitting out the required one hand. so i yell at customer support to do whatever they feel is appropriate to the offender.

their reaction? they type "OK" then disconnect me from the chat box(!!) about 20 minutes later, guy goes all-in on purpose again, and once again shows back up after sitting out one hand. this time the entire table types in how they're going to go talk to support. yeah, that will help.

when are the bad players going to get sick of party and switch to paradise or stars already???

Adde
11-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Feel free to post the username, or the hand numbers so people can find it out without you giving him/her out.

adde

Cyndie
11-13-2003, 12:32 PM
I am starting a dialog to find out if Empire is allowed to have a different all in policy from Party...just got my first response that totally ignored the question I asked aobut "whether" they could and asked me for more details on the specific situation...

Round Two: Sent email back asking them if they *could* Again, not just if they *would*

TheLoser
11-13-2003, 12:44 PM
my account has been frozen for a while, I finally get around to faxing them the things I needed to and they inform me AFTER I sent them the documentation then needed that I also had to send a letter, something they had not told me before. I don't even want to play on the site I just want to be able to get my cruise stuff straightened out. Everything done at partypoker is a big hassle, to me it's just not worth it regaurdless of how good the games are.

squiffy
11-13-2003, 01:17 PM
I am sure it would take more time, money, and effort than Party is willing or able to spare right now, but theoretically they should be able to come up with a program that

(1) tracks the number of all-ins a player has, per hand.
(2) then flags players who have an inordinately high percentage

Then, at least they would have some solid data on the frequency of the problem, in addition to player reports.

Would be nice to have a list of abusers we could avoid. Then again, if they are not going to adequately police or address all-in abuse, maybe I should try it myself.

Hung
11-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Party is a bit soft on all in abuser. A friend had the same problem and he wrote an e-mail to support. He got an aswer that didn't say/mean anything. They didn't answer the question at all. I think it was a template, and they just copy paste it.

Another friend has this problem with intertops and I had to call. Intertops told me to call another number. Which I did. I got partypoker on the phone. I thought: oh oh, support from party, it's gonna be a big mess. But finally they told me to call intertops. Problem is almost solved. I'll post an update in the proper thread. We should all start to abuse all in. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SamJack
11-13-2003, 01:37 PM
I wonder if the fact that 'party' is really a 5 different sites operating under one 'room' makes it more difficult to implement a coherent policy against all-in abusers.

What you may think is a 'party' all-in abuser may in fact be an 'empire' or 'Intertops' abuser.

Sam

Cyndie
11-13-2003, 01:45 PM
honest people feel ripped off and want to do something just to get back to "Even"

We know you won't do it, but just the fact you realize that is would just get you back to where you should be...Stinks!

ExNihilo
11-13-2003, 02:07 PM
I have yet to play on the money side of party poker, but I'm warming up to it. How would I know what an all in abuser looks like. Or alternately, what effect does disconnecting have on an all in bet?