PDA

View Full Version : Lorinda why are you Lying to people here?

gabbyy
11-12-2003, 08:30 PM
First, you get this affiliates site closed. Don't get me wrong I don't appreciate banner farms either. But, that does not change the fact that you lied to the webmasters about the facts. Have no fear I am drafting them a letter stating the real truth.

You told them he was spamming. They most likely thought he was sending spam emails out. What you did was wrong, you lied to these people to get a person whom you did not like removed from the net.

Furthermore, you start bouncing around on here saying that big bet is promoting illegal activities. Have you lost your mind? It is not illegal to post advertisements on forums or message boards.

Just because in your small mind it is not right, does not make it illegal!

rusty JEDI
11-12-2003, 08:35 PM
I suppose we are to believe you are just a long time lurker who has finally been pushed to the edge to make their first post.

Well i dont buy it. How about you grow a set and tag that post to your usual name. My guess is you cant because you have been banned for the same type of spam in the past.

CrackerZack
11-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Its spam and violates the rules of posting here. Its not email spam but its very little difference.

Homer
11-12-2003, 08:41 PM
It is not illegal to post advertisements on forums or message boards.

It is on this one.

-- Homer

gabbyy
11-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Cracker said:
" Its not email spam but its very little difference."

Email spam is directed to an individual. Posting on this forum is nothing like that. People have the choice of reading and not reading what they want.

gabbyy
11-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Do you really think I care what you think?

jasonHoldEm
11-12-2003, 08:56 PM
First, you get this affiliates site closed.

affiliate's The apostrophe indicates possession.

Don't get me wrong I don't appreciate banner farms either.

Even if this wasn’t a double negative I would doubt the sincerity of your claim.

But, that does not change the fact that you lied to the webmasters about the facts.

Who starts a sentence with but?

Have no fear I am drafting them a letter stating the real truth.

That's great! Unfortunately they've already read my letter that included links to the multiple postings of spam, requests to stop, and a copy of the terms of service of the site.

You told them he was spamming. They most likely thought he was sending spam emails out. What you did was wrong, you lied to these people to get a person whom you did not like removed from the net.

Since my email included links I'm sure any confusion regarding Lori's email would have been cleared up before they took action. It appears they agreed with us, go figure.

Furthermore, you start bouncing around on here saying that big bet is promoting illegal activities.

*sigh* She gave links for chrissakes. Did you read any of the information or just choose to ignore that as well.

Have you lost your mind?

I consider Lori a friend, but the jury is still out on this one. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It is not illegal to post advertisements on forums or message boards.

Once again, did you happen to notice those terms of service you just agreed to when you signed up for your account 30 minutes ago?

Just because in your small mind it is not right, does not make it illegal!

If it isn't it should be...I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it is.

Best wishes,
Jason

gabbyy
11-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Jason Said:"Once again, did you happen to notice those terms of service you just agreed to when you signed up for your account 30 minutes ago?"

That does not make it illegal. It just makes it a violation of the terms here.

Ugh....I guess I gave you guys too much credit. I was assuming that most of you could think logically on the subject. Like always you never entertain any positions other then your own.

Are you that sad that you have to critique indivudals grammar to make yourself feel better?

"If it isn't it should be...I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it is"

Why dont you take your $50.00 from the gaming club go to congress and make a speech how you do not want people to make advertisment posts in your happy little forum.

jasonHoldEm
11-12-2003, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you that sad that you have to critique <font color="red"> indivudals </font> grammar to make yourself feel better?

[/ QUOTE ]

an individual's

Simon Diamond
11-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Bye bye. Make sure the door doesn't slam on your way out please.

Simon

Simon Diamond
11-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Too funny Jason /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Simon

CrackerZack
11-12-2003, 09:23 PM
And there are rules to posting and they were broken in the form of spamming the boards.

gabbyy
11-12-2003, 09:24 PM
BYE BYE??

Did you send an email to the moderator something telling him that I did not agree with yo uguys or something?

God forbid I actually started a discussion on here.

That must be against the rules.

MS Sunshine
11-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Oh, who to root for here? The Evil Lorinda or the benevolent spammer that has been wronged?

Let me see how this works out then I will get back to you.

MS Sunshine

gabbyy
11-12-2003, 09:29 PM
It has nothing to do with rooting. I do not like these people same as you. That still does not justify lying to a webmaster to get the results you want.

Homer
11-12-2003, 09:33 PM
That does not make it illegal. It just makes it a violation of the terms here.

Semantics. You know it's against the rules -- whether you want to call it "illegal" or "a violation of the terms here" is irrelevant. Please take your spam elsewhere.

Goodbye until your next username.

-- Homer

Simon Diamond
11-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Did you send an email to the moderator

No. But the boot may well descend soon enough, so watch your behind.

I think if you have a problem with Lorinda, a PM would be more appropriate. You will have a hell of a job getting any support for your ridiculous claim in public.

God forbid I actually started a discussion on here.

That must be against the rules.

No, but pseudo-spamming is.

Simon

MS Sunshine
11-12-2003, 09:39 PM
You should have seen the inflammatory rhetoric she used against KCG and those nice folks at ProPoker. We have been waiting for someone to take down the Evil Lorinda for a long time. There are many here that hope you are the person that can expose the ugly lengths she will go to smear people that disagree with her.

MS Sunshine

Oski
11-12-2003, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with rooting. I do not like these people same as you. That still does not justify lying to a webmaster to get the results you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh....I guess I gave you guys too much credit. I was assuming that most of you could think logically on the subject. Like always you never entertain any positions other then your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we can think logically on a subject, why do you assume a webmaster can't as well? Do you think any webmaster is just going to take someone's e-mail at face value and decide to close down an account without first investigating.

Really, you should join the rest of the salmon in your swim upstream...the rules are quite clear on this forum. Somtimes, some of the "spam" is within a grey area, but others (as is the one in controversy here) is clearly beyond the bounds of what is acceptable.

Getting beyond the posted rules, we really are within a social compact here, and the popular vote is that patent spamming is not accepted. It should not be a surprise to you, then, when someone goes out of their way to stop it. Personally, the spam does not get me that upset, but the actual ACTION of spamming shows a total lack of respect for those who use and enjoy the forum.

You act like one of those a-holes who walk into someone's house with a lit cigar...either put it out, or get the hell out - don't disrespect my home. Smoking a cigar is well within your rights, but you still have to find an appropriate place to do it. (I know, I got carried away...sorry.)

Lori
11-12-2003, 09:52 PM
You told them he was spamming. They most likely thought he was sending spam emails out - Gobby

&gt;The guy has been told it is in direct opposition to forum rules, he has also
&gt;been politely asked to stop, insulted and generally told to go away in jerky
&gt;motions, but still he continues to abuse the forum.
- From the email I sent (and posted here)

you lied to these people to get a person whom you did not like removed from the net
- Gobby

At no point did I lie, I told them the facts very carefully so they could consider their response.

It is not illegal to post advertisements on forums or message boards

Reading the definitions of SPAM that I provided previously shows that this is open to much debate, but certainly it appears to be illegal in some places and soon to be illegal in others.

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL

Lori

Simon Diamond
11-12-2003, 10:03 PM

Yeah, and their reply has already been typed up and is ready to go.

Whatever.

Simon

tiltboy
11-12-2003, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think I care what you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto, tool. Go away. Go far, far away. Don't not pass GO. Do not let the virtual door tap you in the ass.