PDA

View Full Version : Three of a kind on flush card

kingstalker
11-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Seems to me that at least once a day I hit three of a kind on a card that also makes one of my oppnets a flush and I end up losing a lot of money,lets say I hit the three of a kind and rasie 3 dollars (on Party's 25NL tables) and then get a big rerasie, should I fold or just got to accept the fact that I cant get away from this hand?

wontons
11-12-2003, 11:51 PM
ANSWER: IT DEPENDS HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SEEING THE FLOP WITH THE FLUSH OUT , HOW MUCH BETTING IS GOING ALL..ETC ..ETC u left alot of information out.

felson
11-13-2003, 01:21 AM
If you have a pocket pair, and the board makes your set, then you need to be concerned about a flush. If the board is paired, and you have the third card in your hand, it's possible that the raiser has trips also. In this case you need to decide whose kicker is better.

Unfortunately it's hard to tell in these situations. The more players saw the flop with you, the more likely it is you're against a big hand.

The next time you're in this situation, save the hand history and post it.

Zag
11-13-2003, 10:52 AM
As mentioned, it is easier to comment on specific hands. But don't just post a hand history, clean it up and make it as easy to read as you can.