PDA

View Full Version : KK utg level 1

Schmed
11-12-2003, 07:36 PM
raise it to 80, I get 1 caller

I have 1350 after my raise caller has over 2k.

flop is 3 9 7 all hearts, neither of my Ks are hearts

He bets 100 into the 180 pot, I raise it 300 more, he calls

Turn comes a heart, he bets all in I fold.

I don't think I made any mistakes here but I do wonder if I should have either just called the 100 or reraised all in. At the time I thought that all in was stupid because if he was trying to steal he would fold to that size reraise, I didn't have a heart, he had me covered, and it was too early to be pushing all my chips in.

Not complaining about the beat or anything just wondering what people thought about the reraise.

Jamie Collins
11-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Well played all around. You're getting equity out of him now whereas he may not call a bet on the turn.

Alternatively, you could have just called the flop bet and bet/raised big on the turn if no heart or A fell. I prefer this option because my objective is to get him to fold an A or heart. Whereas, the raise 200 more on the flop probably won't get him to fold.

I think it's well played because long-term, either play has about the same ev.

Regards,

Jamie

Ignatius
11-13-2003, 06:12 AM
I think you played the hand just fine, including the amounts you raised (assuming you made it 400), which allowed you to take full advantage of having position.

t_perkin
11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
I tend to put in a slightly bigger raise preflop usually T100, especially UTG.
You really only want to be up against 1 or 2 people on the flop.
If someone comes in over the top of 100 you know they have a serious hand, then you probably move in and accept it is unlucky if they have rockets.

I don't know what stakes you are playing, if T80 is enough to be up against 1 or 2 others then fine. In the gutters where I play you need at least T100 to get down to only 3 players on the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Other than that all seems fine, the raise you made is the kind of play I like. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim