PDA

View Full Version : Ideal poker software options

Fraubump
11-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Buttons that would help a lot and remove ANY NEED to have an option other than AUTOPOST:

When you sit down:

Sit me out, but post BB when it gets to me.

When you want to leave:

Sit me out and have me leave table when BB gets to me.

Also, it's dumb for stud games to have any algorithm other than tryingto draw everyone's ante simultaneously. Duh.

Cyndie
11-12-2003, 04:27 PM
I think the oldest stud programs did try to draw everyone's ante...did you play on old Planet, and Delta and Highlands club software?

I am a little confused why you need to do anything other than uncheck auto post when you are ready to leave...You wouldn't want to hold a seat at the table while you were just sitting out and planning on leaving?

and that isn't sarcasm...if I am missing a point, I am seriously trying to find all these little wrinkles that make for a smooth poker program, because I know of one that is testing and needs all the little details they can get, and poker players are the ones who know the answers.

Fraubump
11-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Pretty frequently someone will sit out when the blind gets to them and then just be there until they are timed out of their seat. This might happen less if there were a "don't post BB when it gets to me and eject me from my seat" option.

Other mandatory features: Check/fold option (which I've noticed TGC/Prima doesn't have)
In fact, every possible future action should be available.

"Show and fold," which only UB has that I've seen, is nice.

Basically, every opportunity in software should be taken to speed up the play. Players like it and cardrooms should too since more hands = more rake.

I also want in the text to be able to see every hand shown, since sometimes I miss it on screen and most programs only list the winning hand.

CORed
11-12-2003, 04:53 PM
I have only played Paradise and Party, so I don't know if everybody does it this way, but I don't like the three column button setup that they use:
If no bet has been placed, the left column is fold, the middle is check, and the right is bet. If a bet has been placed, check shifts to the left column, call the middle, and raise the right. The disadvantage to this is that I will sometimes, when playing multiple tables, click "call" thinking I am clicking "check" I would prefer it if the buttons stayed in the same position, in a five column layout, with buttons disappearing or being deactivated as appropriate.

Also, I would like the check/fold to be in effect for the entire betting round, instead of clearing when I check. In other words, I would like it to auto-fold when there is a bet behind my check, or perhaps this could be an additional option.

Cyndie
11-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Thank you...I think those are all under control...we have all had situations that cost money when we "checked" to find that the button had changed to "call."

The Check/Fold that you are talking about is called "fold to any bet" at Stars and a couple other places, thanks...that and fold/show when only two players are left, is done...

Lori
11-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Also, I would like the check/fold to be in effect for the entire betting round, instead of clearing when I check

Ultimate do this. Personally, I really like it.

Lori

Lori
11-12-2003, 05:01 PM
The Check/Fold that you are talking about is called "fold to any bet" at Stars and a couple other places,

Incorrect. Fold to any bet works for all subsequent betting rounds as well as the current one.

Lori

Cyndie
11-12-2003, 05:16 PM
good distinction...not sure which I prefer...at stud, there are hands that cannot be helped...there isn't a card that makes it playable ...

eg. 248 with the 2 up and another two on third street...and three different suits...I do not ever want to have to look at that hand again! I don't want to come back next round to have to check it again...nada!

There are hands however, that I just want to make sure I don't have to check again, but that could be improved...

eg. 38 off in the BB...and you see the flop of 466 and somehow it comes back and you still have cards and you see an 8 on the turn. That may be my pot!

jasonHoldEm
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
"You can please some of the people all the time or all of the people some of time; however, you cannot please all the people all the time."

This simple solution is for a creative software developer to offer a standard set of buttons as well as a way to customize your interface (with all possible options available).

Problem solved. Internet cardrooms please forward my commission to my neteller account. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jHE

Cyndie
11-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Who'd a thunk that choices were anything of interest...like choices of table colors and avatars/ovals, chairs or no chairs, yuppers...choices...I like that idea. We might have to give you some credit for it, who knows.