PDA

View Full Version : Ok All you Players that Love AQ

AeonBlues
11-12-2003, 02:24 PM
I was reading the latest issue of Cardplayer online, and I came accross this article by Phil Hellmuth.

I'll quote just 2 paragraphs, in the interest of promotions for all concerned and not getting sued, just 2 paragraphs should be safe.

"With five players left, Toto opens for $35,000 from up front, and I decide to make it $95,000 more, or $130,000 total, with my A-K. Toto studies awhile, and then moves all in for $355,000 more. Immediately, I eliminate A-Q and A-J from the possible hands he could have. I decide there is no way Toto would risk going out in fifth place with a weak hand, so I fold my A-K.

I fold it faceup, and Toto says, “Phew,” as he shows me A-Q. I am stunned that he would risk going out in fifth place with one of the worst no-limit hands out there. I mutter to myself, “What is this guy doing?” Then, I remember some of the very weak hands he has played against me in the past. He is a maniac player (“maniac” means someone who moves in weak a lot; being a maniac isn’t a bad thing lots of times), and I had forgotten that — my mistake."

-Phil Hellmuth-

AeonBlues