PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 hand ATo in Cut-Off

nykenny
11-12-2003, 01:06 PM
2 limpers and CO+1 raised. I took 2 secs and decided to fold ATo. Reason was I didn't have much of a read on the raiser (cause i wasn't paying attention to the game) as to whether he has been raising light, raising too much or tilting.

I ask for comments because well, sometimes, I myself raise quite liberally in LP even after limpers. And the many limpers kind of protects the pot from very fancy bluffs post-flop by the raiser. i.e. he will not fire two barrels or reraise if I hit without the goods and such.

so should i call / re-raise some times too? in addition to folding most of the time which i believe is the best move. what type of players / mood do i need to know about the raiser to call / re-raise?

should i call / re-raise / fold when there is no limper before him? what percentage for each action (or what are the decision making factors)?

open for discussion.

Ulysses
11-12-2003, 03:05 PM
2 limpers followed by a raiser. You have ATo. What's to talk about? Super-easy fold.

If LP open-raises, fold sometimes and 3-bet sometimes. The more he steals, the more I 3-bet. The tighter he is, the more I fold. The more he check-folds on the flop when he misses, the more I 3-bet. The more he calls down all the way w/ a baby pocket pair, the more I fold. The more afraid of me he is, the more I 3-bet. You get the idea.

nykenny
11-12-2003, 06:05 PM
best said.

thanks.

Kenny

Diplomat
11-12-2003, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2 limpers and CO+1 raised. I took 2 secs and decided to fold ATo. Reason was I didn't have much of a read on the raiser (cause i wasn't paying attention to the game) as to whether he has been raising light, raising too much or tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fold because ATo is crap in this situation, but we all have our reasons. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-Diplomat

Tommy Angelo
11-12-2003, 07:23 PM
"2 limpers and CO+1 raised. I took 2 secs and decided to fold ATo. Reason was I didn't have much of a read ..."

Without a read [which means essentially never] I would muck every time.

Back to reality ...

Against some of the liver ones I would reraise almost every time. Except if one of the limpers was a mega-tight-up-front sharpy who no-way would be limping into that potential inferno without a fireproof hand, and that would be enough to back me down to calling, except that calling would be horrendously lame, so it turns out that certain limpers could dictate whether I fold to the two-bets or jam it up. What a game we play!

Tommy

nykenny
11-13-2003, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so it turns out that certain limpers could dictate whether I fold to the two-bets or jam it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, quite an interesting point of view. let me try to think more toward this direction next time.

Kenny