PDA

View Full Version : The correct play???

Chad4yew
11-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Myself and a few friends were playing a casual, but intense no limit hold 'em game for $200 each. Im on the button and play loose-aggro. I have K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif - not that great, but as everyone was limping in, i decided to as well.
Flop comes: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. EP raises (5). MPs fold. I reraise (10 more) he calls. turn comes 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He goes all in. Clearly he has the flush, but has been playing alot of bluffs. Should i fold my 3 K? or should i have called?

I called.
And what do you know, he has the flush.
river comes 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, my heart sank at once thinking that i had lost.
Then i screamed with joy as i had realized i had Kings full.

Do you think the play i made was correct?

OrangeHeat
11-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Depends - we are lacking critical information....

If you are positive he has the flush and dont think he has 88 or 66 you have 10 outs to a full house or better (1 king, 3 eights, 3 fours, 3 sixes) - you would need 3.6 to 1 for a call.

If he has 66 or 88 and not the flsuh you have 7 outs and 5.6 to 1 for a call.

Heck he may have the case king and better kicker. Or even have a full house himself.

If this is your last $200 ever that becomes part of the decision too.

The problem is you forgot to include your stack size, the blind size, your opponents stack, etc...

From your post it appears as though you are not even factoring these into you decisions.....in all honesty if you are going to play seriously you need to read up and do some serious studying.

To answer your question with the little bit of info we have....Given the size of the buy-ins I cant imagine that you are getting good enough odds when he goes all-in. You are almost definitely beat at this point and may be drawing very very slim.

This post would be better in the pot/no-limit section. Include the blind size and size of the pot/bets at each decision.

DocHollyday
11-12-2003, 11:19 AM
I don't play NL too much, but lets take a look on your outs at the turn: 1 K, 3 eigths, 3 sixes and 3 fours, makes 10 outs to 46 cards, so you get approximately 4/1 odds (to keep it simple). Means you will lose 3 times 200$ and win once 200$, so I guess it was a play with negative expectation, or what do the others think about that?

Acesover8s
11-12-2003, 12:46 PM
You'll get a better response if you post this in the Pot, No-Limit forum.

However, assuming you both started this hand with $200 stacks you both played it poorly.

Chad4yew
11-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Im new at the forums, so i wasnt sure what i should include.
Im guessing it was a wrong play. I was sure that he had a flush.

the blinds were 3/6 and it was casual play for a home game.
I had about $180 in chips, he had about 150.

Thanks