PDA

View Full Version : another party $50 hand

crockpot
11-12-2003, 05:57 AM
one limper, i raise to $4 with AQo. button calls, annoyingly, and limper calls as well.

flop is T73r. i bet $8, limper calls.

turn is a 4 completing the rainbow. checked through.

river Q. i'm happy for a second, until he fires $25 at me (pot of $28, i have $10 left if i call the raise, he has me covered).

over to you.

Jon Matthews
11-12-2003, 06:57 AM
If you have no info on the player you probably have to fold, especially if this has come out of nowhere. He could be slowplaying AA - QQ, TT on the turn, or could have taken a chance with QT preflop, these are the hands that beat you but there's a relatively high chance he could be overplaying KQ, especially since he's on the button and may have you on a ten. Or you may have induced a bluff from the turn play and he's only representing a Q, and he's assuming your AT is no good any more.

So, if you've seen him play extra tight then fold and if you've seen him in a few pots then call.

Jon

Zag
11-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Jon, it was the limper, not the button, making this bet.

Either way, this is completely player dependent. There are players against whom I make an easy and confidant laydown, and players against whom I would gladly call the turn and river.

If the player is completely unknown -- say I have just posted in the cut-off -- then I tend towards laying it down. But I might say something about overplaying my 56s.

Ignatius
11-12-2003, 03:53 PM
There's no way you can fold TPBK here after having shown weakness on turn. He could easily bet a busted draw or a single queen in this spot.

Jon Matthews
11-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Jon, it was the limper, not the button, making this bet.

ok, cheers, registered that wrong...

crockpot
11-13-2003, 12:50 AM
i folded. i reasoned that he had to have something pretty good to call the flop, and after the queen hit he was hoping to catch me with AQ, hence his big bet size. i still believe the majority of online players will bet smaller than this if they want to bluff at the river, but anyone here who thinks i'm wrong about this can feel free to correct me.