PDA

View Full Version : Would you bet this river?

Vehn
11-12-2003, 03:13 AM
Mildly useless post but I've been thinking about this a bit and I can't really decide.

Loose 15/30. Sane UTG limps, hero raises 2UTG with pocket 8s, 3 people cold call, SB calls, villan (me) calls in BB.

Flop is Q J 3 rainbow and checked around to MP who bets. LP calls. SB calls. Villan calls. UTG calls. Hero calls. Don't comment.

Turn is an 8 completing rainbow. Its checked to hero who bets, MP raises, Villan calls 2 cold, sane UTG calls 2 cold, hero 3-bets and everyone calls.

River is an ace. Its checked to hero. Would you bet here?

mike l.
11-12-2003, 03:17 AM
no. if youre not against a bigger set youre now against a straight. your hand will be good a lot, but you dont want to call a raise in this very big pot. time to just wimp out.

Clarkmeister
11-12-2003, 03:20 AM
I am 100% certain that in the heat of battle I would bet it without question. Looking at it here in the safety of my living room, I think its much closer. I mean, heck, someone has to have it (KT), right?

The problem is that I don't want to check and have to decide whether or not I want to call 2 cold. So I probabaly bet because I might get multiple callers with the best hand, and its much more palatable to bet and call a raise than to check and call 2 cold. Ego thing.

Ulysses
11-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Villain. It's.

There at the table I'd think "goddamit, one of these clowns has KT." Then, for some unknown reason, I'd probably bet anyway.

PokerPrince
11-12-2003, 06:06 AM
I'de bet it.

PokerPrince

RollaJ
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM
Most people dont call 2 cold with K-10, or limp with it UTG (at least not good players).....AQ/QJ No Goot.....Bet it

Vehn
11-12-2003, 10:17 AM
I didn't say he was good, just that he was sane. Anyways hero bet, MP thought for a while and called with most likely KQ, I checkraised with my KT (sooted!), UTG folded what was probably something like QT, hero called and MP finally folded, and he slammed his cards down to show his awful bad beat of turning his set and losing.

Anyways I agree with the responses in that at the table I couldn't help myself but bet, and feel dumb later.

RollaJ
11-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Didnt realize you were in the BB, either way Id bet my set and call the raise (as hero did) ...yuck!
You played it fine as well, calling 2 cold on the turn might be a stretch but pot+implied odds gives you a call

Ni Han Sir /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Philuva
11-12-2003, 10:44 AM
I'd bet it and expect to get call by lots of 2 pair hands.

I don't think you have to worry about T9, as you would have heard from them on the turn. Yes, KT is a possibility, but I don't think MP has that, I think he has a 2 pair hand.

Maybe you have KT and called from the blind with that. I would expect you to bet out on the river though. I dont think UTG has KT.

So I would bet.

Ulysses
11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people dont call 2 cold with K-10, or limp with it UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

You should find better games.

Andy B
11-12-2003, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people dont call 2 cold with K-10, or limp with it UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, you have never been to Canterbury Park.

Every time I walk by this kid's table, he's raking a big pot with some piece of cheese like this.

rharless
11-12-2003, 05:53 PM
calling 2 cold on the turn might be a stretch but pot+implied odds gives you a call

Pot odds alone are already enough. He is getting 6.5:1 on the call. With the rainbow board, he has 8 clean outs to the nuts, 5.75:1.

The only real factor, still not too much of a concern because of implied odds, is that I think his outs could be reduced because they are probably in other people's hands. Half of his outs are Aces, and with all those players in with preflop cold calls, seems like you'd be safe in assuming that one or more As are in their hands.

The benefit of course is that when he catches one of these possibly endangered As, then he gets paid off more, e.g. AQ/AJ will pay him handsomely. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rharless
11-12-2003, 10:03 PM
I meant to type 4.75:1. 38 cards bad, 8 cards goot!

Vehn
11-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Can I pay you to just mill around behind me?