PDA

View Full Version : Matrix 3 *spoilers*

Vehn
11-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Disappointing but I didn't go into it with high hopes. Not terrible but ridiculously poor compared to the original. Lets just say it was a better use of ~$10 than posting my small blind. This excuse works for a lot of things.

I can't say I'm all that surprised it worked out the way it did. It was a cop out though on many levels, especially the explanation for Neo being able to zap stuff in the real world. I have to wonder if he actually died, though. Clearly though this kind of movie would be easy to resurrect him if they decided to make another cash cow. I was somewhat surprised to see them kill off "trin". And there was simply no excuse for wasting Monica B.'s "talents".

I get the feeling we'll see another movie in about 10 years, though. I actually kinda wanna go see this on IMAX.

Meh..

Zeno
11-12-2003, 03:18 AM
I saw the movie last week at the first showing. I have about the same feelings. I did enjoy it, but it was not on par with the original or even the sequel. Some of the dialogue become a bit worn and trite also, not anything bold or that inventive. Special effects were good, but that is to be expected. Worth seeing I think, but just barely.

-Zeno

Easy E
11-12-2003, 11:23 AM
the second movie could have dropped about an hour's worth of coverage and not lost anything.

Battle scenes in #3 were much better, didn't feel so pointlessly drawn out as #2.

Of course, the original was a good movie.

What i REALLY didn't like about #3? the 20 minutes of commercials and such BEFORE the movie started! amazing... bring me back to the good old days when cartoons preceded the main show...

ChipWrecked
11-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Battle scenes in #3 were much better, didn't feel so pointlessly drawn out as #2.

Ditto! and thank you. I've been taking flack for months from my geek 'peer group' for that very gripe against #2.

J_V
11-12-2003, 04:26 PM
I've never disagreed with two people so much. I'll have to watch two again but IMO the battle scenes in 3 were lame and drawn out and the battle scenes in 2 ruled.

I felt in 3, they had done everything and they had no choice but to turn NEO into a lame unbreakable superman. Weak sauce.

Those wachowski bros saw dollar signs and really had no clue what made the matrix great. They had a chance to make a legendary trilogy and blew it by making a typical cheeseball thriller. Plus, they obviously didn't know how to answer any of their questions.

daryn
11-12-2003, 04:48 PM
i agree with J_V, the fight scenes in two were fantastic,.. yet three was a snoozer all around. and didn't they actually recycle a fight scene, you know with all those machine guns in that room with all the pillars?

anyways, 2 had better fight scenes clearly i think

The Vegan
11-12-2003, 06:21 PM
I haven't been so pissed off at a movie in a long time. In fact this is probably the maddest I've ever been at a movie. I REALLY loved the Matrix. I thought the second movie was great for a "middle of the story" piece. Great effects and it opened up several more questions. Then to close it out with this senseless piece of trash is insulting to me and every other Matrix fan.

Discussing this with a co-worker, I decided the thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that everyone was fully invested in "The Matrix" if they had seen the first and second movies. You have to go see the third. A million people can tell you it was horrible and you still HAVE to see it. You aren't complete unless you do. So basically they have you by the balls. When someone has you by the balls, things can go orgasmically fantastic, or they can go so horribly, painfully, wrong. For whatever sick and twisted reason the Wachowski brothers decided to just clench their fists and crush my nuts.

This film was so riddled with crap that didn't make any sense it was beyond ridiculous. They barely answered any of the questions posed by 1 & 2, and the ones they did "answer" were total cop outs that didn't make any sense.