PDA

View Full Version : Home tourney chip race

Rocco17
11-11-2003, 10:40 PM
This may have been covered in the past so I apologize in advance... When increasing the blinds/levels in a home tourney, how does one race off the lesser denomination chips that won't be in play during the next round? Thanks guys for any reply. I am a nightly lurker and post infrequently. -Ron

Chad Florian
11-12-2003, 01:49 PM
As blinds go up that make the lower denomnations irrelevant and just clutter up the table, I just change them up. I have 5 denominations (colors) of chips so I don't have to do and changing of values.

For example, after the blinds go to level 2, I no longer need the $5 chips, so I replace with equal vaue higher chips and so on... This will usually leave a few odd chips of lower denominations on the table. I just take care of them as we have all-ins consolodate stacks...

hth,
-Chad

LetsRock
11-13-2003, 01:55 PM
I run a home tourney once a year. When the blinds turn the lower chips into to clutter, I exchange what is even for larger chips and the odd chips go into the next pot (which also get exchanged).

(It's amazing when a few of the guy complain about losing a completely irrelevent amount to the "odd" pool.)

slamdunkpro
11-13-2003, 02:53 PM
We used to chip race, now I just color up and use the Taj method. If you have greater that 50% of the next value in odd chips you move up, less ---well, sorry.

Rocco17
11-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the responses. First home tourney is coming up Monday and we want it to go smoothly. Thanks again.