PDA

View Full Version : Long run success...stifled?

golfboy7
11-11-2003, 08:57 PM
This post is party a "venting" post as well as an informative, questioning post.

I seem to do fine at this particular online poker room for days at a time. I'll play the highest limits and win almost constantly (every day). Until one day, I will be playing and it seems like someone will make a good call on the river when i bet out.

For instance, I have K Q clubs from 8 seat and raise (limits are 10/20). I get called by 10 seat and the big blind. The Flop comes 8 3 4 with one club. I bet when the BB checks. 10 seat calls me and the BB folds. On the turn, I pick up the flush draw from the 9 of clubs. I bet out again. 10 seat thinks and thinks and finally calls. the River is low with no help, and I bet out. 10 seat thinks and calls me down...with AJ unsuited?! (wow)

I say nice call and figure I did something earlier at the table that tipped him off.

Seems like from that point on, after someone does that, I have a hard time and begin losing my money little by little that I have accumulated over the last week.

Bad beats seem to hunt me down when people go runner runner to beat me. I'm sure I'm just connecting the two events. But it seems to happen quite often...maybe once every 2 months. the card will run absolutely horrible and I'll have a hard time staying afloat during that period, until they begin to change.

Does anybody else go through this or is anybody else able to shed some light on this subject (intellectual light that is)?

Thanx in advance...