PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Challenges SS to a Re-match!

Mike Haven
11-11-2003, 03:59 PM
A few people have asked me to organise a re-match.

I will happily do so if I receive some positive feed-back.

So that we don't clutter up the forums for those who aren't interested, please use this thread for comments in these early days.

I'll assume the game is Texas Hold'em.

Do we want Limit again? Or NL or PL this time?

Do we want to play it at TruePoker? Any suggestions for elsewhere?

Is Wednesday 26th Nov OK? (27th is Thanksgiving Day.)

Aim at 30 players each Team again? $20+$2?

Anything else?

One of the things that I noticed from last time was that the prizes were too top heavy - the ones who won also received the bonuses. Personally, I like a better spread of prizes to keep everyone happy and interested. Any comments?

Please feel free to voice your opinions. I hope that from the first Tourney you know that I am willing to listen to suggestions, and nothing is written in stone until the Rules are ... written in stone.
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you prefer to communicate by pm's, that is fine by me.

Looking forward to hearing whether this is a go.

Thanks.

rkiray
11-11-2003, 04:19 PM
I like the idea of a rematch if it's at True. I have promised TT a side bet. But I will be traveling and can't participate from the Tuesday before until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.

Joe Tall
11-11-2003, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Wednesday 26th Nov

[/ QUOTE ]

Back here in Mass, Wed is the biggest bar night of the year. I'll be 3 sheets to the wind by 7PM, Sorry Mike.

Peace,
JT

Brian
11-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi Mike,

I'd definitely like to be in this time. And I'd prefer NL but I'd prefer whatever the rest of the SS guys are better/more comfortable with.

-Brian

Mike Haven
11-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Sorry - Thanksgiving isn't a "day" over her, so sorry about my lack of knowledge of your tradition.

Hence, I have changed the initial proposition to Thursday 20th November, 9pm EST.

rkiray
11-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Cool. I'm in then. I vote for limit.

Joe Tall
11-11-2003, 04:54 PM
20th is good right now Mike, I'm in.

Peace,
JT

BigEndian
11-11-2003, 04:56 PM
I'm in. Limit works for me - I have no vibe for NL. Pokerstars would be nice, but I'm not picky. I like Truepoker's client, except for the lack of multiple windows.

- Groove

ElSapo
11-11-2003, 05:12 PM
I'll be in Montreal on the 20th, so I'm (sadly) out of it this time. If the date gets changed, I'd love to play.

If anyone knows of poker in Montreal, let me know.

I have every faith the SS folks will triumph. Again.

happyjaypee
11-11-2003, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone knows of poker in Montreal, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chk the forum at www.princepoker.com (http://www.princepoker.com) . It's hosted by a montrealer. It's a francophone forum but you can post in english for help or directly e-mail Nicolas "The Prince" Fradet for infos. He the one guy who's in touch whit everything regarding poker in Montreal.

Have a nice stay in "la belle Province!"

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rkiray
11-11-2003, 05:52 PM
How about bonuses that loosen the game up a bit. Perhaps the two players with the highest flop seen % from the tourney beginning until the final five (short handed the % should naturally go up). Or to the highest flop seen % and highest showdown %.

Mangatang
11-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Now that I received True's generous free $20 (for hat delay), I will gladly re-represent the Small Stakes team. I only hope I can break that bubble barrier this time.

I vote for TruePoker again, and keep it limit.

Zoo is going DOWN!!! SS Rules!!!

BigEndian
11-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Keeping this close to the top.

- Groove

Mike Haven
11-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Anyone who posts to this thread or who pm's me is in until we have a full squad - if you post in another thread I might miss it.

At this moment, we have 14 Zoo v 11 SS.

It looks likely that the date will be put back to Thursday 4th December.

The reason for this is that Mr True and I are negotiating an excellent new and very special set of Bonuses if we play at his site on the 4th instead of next week. I will be able to reveal all later today, I hope, and I believe that you will all agree that the extra wait will be worth it.

As some of you have pointed out, as this is a re-match, we have to go with Limit again on this occasion. The next two times we can maybe try No Limit.

Please keep the entries coming.

Thanks.

thomastem
11-12-2003, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of a rematch if it's at True. I have promised TT a side bet. But I will be traveling and can't participate from the Tuesday before until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Humor and animals shall be victorious that day. Bring on your 80 year old accountant types that never laugh and persecute critters.

My penguin has had enough. My Pelican will hunt you down and my buzzard will pick your bones. The bison in heat will....... well I can't say here.

Ask Husker, the last critter challenger, what my vengence is like. He met the Bison and he still can't sit!

thomastem
11-12-2003, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool. I'm in then. I vote for limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going down.

RockLobster
11-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi. My name is Rock, and I'm a challenge-aholic. Please count me in.

ChipWrecked
11-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi Mike:

I'd like to sign up on the SS side if I may.

"Just write it down.... 'I'm just happy to be here, hope I can help the ball club'...."

HavanaBanana
11-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Stu Pidasso where are you, what will our sidebet be? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cigwin
11-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Mike,

I'd love to play again but I'm not sure about the date since I've been doing a lot of traveling. I won't know until the last minute but hopefully you will get plenty of players unless they consider the challenge too easy. /images/graemlins/wink.gifIt was fun, however, having a final table made up of mostly SS. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robbe
11-12-2003, 09:03 PM
I'd like to play (better) for SS again, if you'll have me (out 31st last time).

antidan444
11-13-2003, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Humor and animals shall be victorious that day. Bring on your 80 year old accountant types that never laugh and persecute critters.

My penguin has had enough. My Pelican will hunt you down and my buzzard will pick your bones. The bison in heat will....... well I can't say here.

Ask Husker, the last critter challenger, what my vengence is like. He met the Bison and he still can't sit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I go to the right website? Let's see ... dubya dubya dubya dot 2+2 dot com ... looks right ... what the (censored) is going on here?! ... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GuyOnTilt
11-13-2003, 03:03 AM
Mark one more for the SS. I'm hoping to personally take out HavanaBanana this time. I'll probably have to hit up the Zoo with a post for more tips on how to play tourneys though. I'm a little rusty and their advice last time proved to be very helpful in ABSOLUTELY SPANKING them. And hopefully Jek will throw down for some more easy money - I mean, a side-bet.

New challange, same result. The SS will be victorious!

GoT

MrGrob
11-13-2003, 06:09 AM
I was 1st out -- I must avenge this disgrace! PLEASE HAVE A REMATCH SOON!!!

Simon Diamond
11-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Did I go to the right website? Let's see ... dubya dubya dubya dot 2+2 dot com ... looks right ... what the (censored) is going on here?! ...

Either you haven't been reading here long, or you have had your head buried in sand to not know the deal with thomastem's flock of wild animals.

I wouldn't ask, they may bite.

Simon

Joe Tall
11-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Back to your Kingdom, King! You don't belong out here with the commoner without your guards!

You and your vassels will die a hard death in SS vs Zoo II!

Peace,
JT

ChipWrecked
11-13-2003, 12:45 PM
No sweat, Grob. I'll be in this one...

- dj DeadMoney

Barry
11-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Dec 4th works for me!

I'm in!

HUSKER'66
11-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Mike, Once you get a grasp on the what/when/where I'd be interested in playing again. I am going to change my strategy a little from the last event. I will only be placing/accepting cash money wagers! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I have yet to finish my last wager/obligation to you know who and his pesky varmits...... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Keep us posted. Oh! I guess I would sign up under the SS team again......if they'll have me. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MrGrob
11-13-2003, 10:28 PM
As the date keep changing, I figured it would make sense to post the last suspected date for the tourney, so that people don't have to read all the post to find it.

Mike Haven
11-13-2003, 11:21 PM
I'm sorry, MrGrob - I was trying to keep threads to a minimum in the SS Forum, as some of the Old Guard don't like non-poker posts.

However, I have started a new thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=406297&page=0&view=expand ed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1) with the final details.

We can use that single thread for future posts.