PDA

View Full Version : making a baby flush...value bet?

PYITE
11-11-2003, 01:09 PM
This was a pretty wild 5-10 hand from last night @ Turning Stone.

Loose and pleasantly passive table. 4 limpers to me in CO with 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I call, and BB checks.

6 to the flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP (solid player) bets out, folded to LP (bad player) on my right who raises. I call 2 (lay it down here?), EP calls.

3 to the turn: (5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP(solid player) bets out again! LP(bad player) raises again! I call 2 again! (lay it down here?)

I was sure LP had 7 8, but EP had me wondering...set or flush draw?

Same 3 to the river: (5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me, anybody bet out here? Results later....

"See the city, see the zoo. Traffic light won't let me through"

andyfox
11-11-2003, 01:11 PM
They bet an raise twice when there was no possible flush on board. Now there is a possible flush on board and they both check. I'd bet here 100% of the time.

Paul Talbot
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
I agree with Andy. Some of the time here you'll lose to a bigger flush who chickened out because the board paired and he assumed the agressor had trips, but you will win and get paid off more than enough to make the bet worthwhile.

The best reason to bet is that straights, two pairs and even top pair WILL pay you off here for one bet in a big pot.

Regards,

Paul

Duke
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Bet. Yes.

~D

PYITE
11-11-2003, 05:23 PM
I checked behind and took it down. EP(solid player) and LP(bad player) had the same hand 78s. I think I missed 2 BB's by not betting the end. Sigh. I honestly feared a set from EP who filled up on the river, I hate getting check raised on the end!

"It's easy to grin, when your ship's come in, and you've got the stock market beat. But a man worthwhile, is one who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat!"

_Judge Smales_

Philuva
11-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Easy bet. No way anyone with a fullhouse goes for a check-raise here, they would come out betting. I would expect to get called in both spots as well.

-Phil