PDA

View Full Version : Royal Flush at The Gaming Club

Templeton
11-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Whilst merrily playing doing the OIC at TGC, I happened to turn a Royal Flush in hearts. My name appears down the bottom right corner under Best Holdem Hand Today, does any one have a clue as to whether I win a high hand thingy or not? I have searched the TGC Website & can find nothing on this.

Thanks, Templeton

pokerwhore
11-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Yes it pays $250 for the high hand of the day.

Unless more than one hit a royal then you would have to
split the prize.

Good Job!

Templeton
11-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Thanks Pokerwhore, that is good news.

CrackerZack
11-11-2003, 11:14 AM
I had it first, in clubs, now you've stolen half my money.

Ok, I don't really hate you, but this does complete the disaster that was yesterday by having my royal flush for high hand tied.

AwesomeAli
11-11-2003, 12:00 PM
I also got it last night in clubs, but only used one of my whole cards (I think you need to use 2 to qualify for the jackpot?)

1st royal I have ever seen and I got bugger all for it /images/graemlins/mad.gif

CrackerZack
11-11-2003, 12:11 PM
you do have to use both. I had AcJc, flop was Qc Tc Xx, turn was Ks, river was Kc, I was bet into on the turn and we capped the river. I saw after that it has to go to showdown to qualify so maybe I shouldn't have raised the river.

Templeton
11-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Yep, I had the KhTh in my hand, I was first to act, I bet the turn & got one caller, board paired on the river & I checked and other player checked also. I didn't know the rules about whether it had to be a showdown, but from reading this forum often enough, I was aware that this is a rule at some sites, hence my check on the end.
So thankyou for clearing up that tidbit, 'cos I was wondering If I was a dumbass for checking the river & costing myself a whole $1! My first Royal too & the Pot was only $4.50!
And yep, I'm still at the $.050/$1 level, so pity me instead. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif