PDA

View Full Version : Online NL/PL games with no max buyins

Acesover8s
11-11-2003, 12:50 AM
I don't know if anyone else saw this, but there was a post on RGP this week where Bugsy's Club announced they were going to start having NL/PL games with no maximum buyins.

Great! Maybe some of the other sites will start allowing this (or at least at the bigger games).

Has anyone played in these games yet? Its probably the only site I don't have an account at, and I've honestly never heard anything good about them. Any opinions?

crockpot
11-11-2003, 05:45 AM
on absolute they have 200xBB max buy-in no-limit tables. you know how many people buy in for more than 100xBB? one or two, usually.

Jon Matthews
11-11-2003, 06:17 AM
At the higher levels the players are extremely good at Bugsy's club, the hendon mob all play there (bunch of pros, in all the uk poker tv shows) and have huge bankrolls so they're able to gamble it up as well as play very solid. Their play seems to inspire lots of other players to play very well, in my experience quite a tricky site to make real money on. Although I was quite inexperienced when I played there, I knew enough to be able to tell this.

On Ladbrokes the tables are 200 BB buy-ins and on VC it varies between 100 and 200, quite often no one at the table will have bought in for the max, but at least the option is there.

I always find it very funny when you look at a 3/6 limit table and see someone with $65,000 trying to scare people, I wouldn't be laughing if it was 3/6 NL!

Jon

nicky g
11-11-2003, 08:30 AM
I think (not 100% sure) the disaster that was CCC poker had unlimited buy-ins. I'm almost certain the minimum buy-in was 100xBB. I got an email from it the other day announcing it was back in business. I'm not in a hurry to go back.

TylerD
11-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Of course if there was ever an opportunity to make SERIOUS money online by colluding this would be it. No max buyins tables would, I imagine, have huge problems with collusion and cheating, there would be so much to gain with such a small risk of getting caught.

Tyler