PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 NLHE bluff

felson
11-10-2003, 09:38 PM
2/4 NLHE at UB. I have 100, my main opponent has 185. There are five players. I don't remember much about my table image or my opponent as this hand took place several months ago.

My opponent min-raises to 8 from UTG+1. It is folded to the SB who calls. I call in the BB with 4h 4s.

Flop is Ts Th 7d. SB checks, I bet 10, the opponent min-raises to 20. SB folds, I call.

Turn is 7s [Ts Th 7d]. I check, my opponent bets 20. I push all in for 72.

Comments?

Ignatius
11-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Unless you picked up some kind of read, I think your bluff is pretty hopeless here. The only scenario where it might work, is when he is overplaying AK but his betting pattern and the lack of any attempt to take it down rather indicates a big hand that he's trying to milk.

Jon Matthews
11-11-2003, 06:02 AM
In my experience, betting and getting min-raised and then pushing in on the next card will lose you your stack nearly every time and I only do when I'm tilted.

I did something very similar yesterday for the first time in months and was so sick at my play, I didn't play one more hand for the rest of the day and I can be sure I won't do it again (only for about half as much money though).

By the time the river comes your cards likely don't even play, absolutely no outs.

Jon

felson
11-11-2003, 11:38 PM
My opponent thought for a while and then folded, showing JJ.