PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Butchered This One

tj00
11-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
In the BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG limps, MP1 limps, Button raises, SB folds, I call, UTG calls, MP1 calls

Flop(8 1/2 SB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button bets, I checkraise, UTG calls, MP1 calls (Good thing that checkraise cleared the field), Button 3-bets (This is getting better and better), I call, UTG calls, MP1 calls

Turn(10 1/4 BB): K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button bets, I call, UTG calls, MP1 folds

River(13 1/4 BB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, UTG checks, Button bets, I Call , UTG folds

Anyone fold on the turn? I was getting odds on the gutshot, but only if the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is an out. Anyone fold on the river for one bet? I really wanted to, but could not do it. Comments appreciated.

rkiray
11-10-2003, 09:00 PM
I would have played it exactly like you did.

WillMagic
11-10-2003, 09:04 PM
This is just a tough hand to play in general. The button could conceivably have as little as AT here, but it is also easy for him to have AQ or AK. I don't think a check-raise is a great idea here - I think you bet out and then three-bet. You are almost certainly beating the two limpers so this way you trap them for extra bets. If the button caps here you can be pretty certain you are beat.

I think check-calling on the turn and river is tough but necessary.

Will

ThingDo
11-10-2003, 09:16 PM
I would muck this often PF if I knew the raiser to be a typical player. I think playing this is just begging for trouble.

That being said, I would bet out, call a raise and then check call it down. If he takes a free card so be it. I think this way will save you money in the long run.

tj00
11-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Button had AK and I remembered why I hate AJo.