PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Zack?

CrackerZack
11-10-2003, 04:38 PM
I started talking about this in my reply to tiltboy in the OIC but I'll rehash. I'm gonna be in vegas this weekend and after reading that post in NVG forum a few weeks back about the guy treating levels like a tournament, and moving up in limits every hour, I'm seriously considering doing it in the Mirage/Bellagio. I figure, as he did, that I need to spend exactly an hour in each game to simulate tournament levels, so here goes... tell me what you think about levels of choice.

Initial buy-in: $150
Level 1: 3-6 @ Mirage
Level 2: 6-12 @ Mirage
Level 3: 10-20 @ Mirage
Level 4: 15-30 @ Bellagio (I expect my journey ends around here but just in case...)
Level 5: 20-40 @ Mirage
Level 6: 30-60 @ Bellagio
Level 7+ based on availability and me having any money left.

I decided due to time constraints to skip the 4-8 and 8-16. I'm considering playing the 8-16 instead of the 10-20 and then going directly to 15-30. Thoughts on this? Luckily the min buy-ins are only 10x the big blind at both locations so as long as I don't take took many beats I should be able to move up to the 15-30 game even if I stay even in the first 3 levels, I'll just be horrendously shortstacked, but alas, its how tournaments work.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I insane? I feel like its an OIC/tourney cross as I have to take shots. If at any point I don't have enough money to move up at the time frame, I'm disqualified.

Have I gone batty? Cool idea? waste of time?

David
11-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Just MHO here but skip the 10/20 at Mirage and go to the 8/16 at Bellagio. Much easier game usually. I would also skip the 20/40 at Mirage (the times I have played it, was very tough). I can't comment on the 30/60 at Bellagio as I've never played it, but the 8/16 and 15/30 are usually not very tough. IMHO.

MaxPower
11-10-2003, 05:27 PM
I think you have gone batty. Next thing you know, you are going to be asking whether the Bellagio is offering a deposit bonus /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think once you get past the 30/60 game, you will have no problem finding a higher game. They will probably start one expressly for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CrackerZack
11-10-2003, 05:52 PM
So you decide to stop wussing out and go to Foxwoods tomorrow? In an odd twist of fate, I feel like I really am coming down with a cold now.

MaxPower
11-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Can't make it to Foxwoods. That's what happens when you procrastinate for a whole year and need to get all your work done before the holidays.

I am playing tonight. If I don't see you, have fun in Vegas.