PDA

View Full Version : Ok, here comes another hand

DocHollyday
11-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Pretty lose 6 handed 10-20 game. I get 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB. MP raises, cutoff cold calls and I make it three bets. BB blind cold calls the 2 1/2 bets, the others call as well.

Flop:

8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gifj /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out my open straight draw, BB calls, the others fold (with what did they raise? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

However: Turn is another J

Somehow I get suspicious and just check this time. He bets and I call.

River is a 7 to make my straight.

I check, he bets. What now? Just call or raise? (results later!)

rigoletto
11-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Bet the turn! If raised call. If he's one of those agressive shorthanded players then bet the river once the 7 falls and hope to get raised so you can reraise otherwise checkraise.

stripsqueez
11-10-2003, 06:33 AM
the problem with getting suspicious is that often its confused for getting scared - i think there are plenty of hands where you are in front on the turn and i would bet - assuming he just called its auto to bet the river - as to whether i raise the river after check/calling the turn...hmmm...i'm a bit lost - i call - maybe i'm getting suspicious now /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

DocHollyday
11-10-2003, 08:22 AM
I check-raised him on the river. Unfortunately he three-bet me, to show me his J8off for a full-house.

I was a little pissed, because my three-bet preflop was meant to make such hands muck. However, I'm still happy to have such players at my table. Thanks for the responses.