PDA

View Full Version : BEST STEAK IN VEGAS

Yeknom58
11-10-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm going to vegas with a good friend from college in Dec. We love steak. What is the best steak in vegas. Price is not a consideration.

I was on city search and they rated delmonico's in the venetian as the best. Also the steak place in NYNY looks good also what do you guys think?

Clarkmeister
11-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Do a search, this has been discussed many times.

I am a regular at Delmonico's and I highly recommend it to everyone. I've never had anyone tell me they were disappointed.

mosch
11-10-2003, 02:16 AM
My recommendations would be, in order of preference:
Smith & Wollensky (on the strip)
Charlie Palms? (in the four seasons)
Delmonico (in the Venetian)

There's a churrascaria in the Mirage which is different than the traditional steakhouse experience, but provides a tasty parade of beef that's quite enjoyable. Beyond that, the Morton's is a good one...

Honestly, there are so many excellent steakhouses in Vegas, it's hard to pick a clear winner.

All of the choices I list are in the traditional steakhouse price range, so depending on how many courses you eat, and what kind of wine/liquor you drink, it's safe to assume that you're talking about $100 to $200 per person.

M2d
11-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Clarkmeister,
what do you think of Hugo's Cellar? I always liked it, but, being from Hawaii, I'm naturally biased toward downtown establishments.

Clarkmeister
11-10-2003, 03:33 AM
I actually haven't eaten there.

The only downtown place of note I've eaten at is Binion's Steakhouse, and I've eaten there twice. Despite generally good reviews, I've been underwhelmed by the place.

slamdunkpro
11-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Not trying to get into a food flame session, but I was disappointed with Delmontico’s. They lost our reservation, made us wait forever, and then the service was mediocre at best. My steak was OK, nothing spectacular about on a par with a mid priced steak chain like The Outback, but definitely not in the same league as a Morton’s, Palm, or Smith & Wolensky. Plus my sides were STONE cold.

I’ve never eaten at Gallager’s in NYNY but I’ve eaten at the original in NYC – It’s aged beef, which is somewhat different, but it was outstanding. Same for S&W’s – I’ve been to the original in NYC and the one in DC but not the one on the strip. If the Vegas one measures up it’s out of this world – They are one of the few places that still do the traditional Steak Au Voirv (sp?).

My favorite beef house in Vegas is Lawry’s off of Howard Huges PKW. All they sell is Prime Rib – but it’s the best.

doormat
11-10-2003, 12:25 PM
Hugo's Cellar has great atmosphere but the food has gone downhill. I have eaten at Morton's many times but their steak is not the best. They do allow you to bring your own wine, though I wouldn't unless you have a great bottle. I prefer the steaks at AJ's in the Hard Rock.

doormat

stantheman
11-10-2003, 01:33 PM
I've eaten at S&W a few times, I don't think it compares to the NYC version... but Gallagher's (NYNY) however, I thought was even better than the original. Great, great steak. Good luck.

limon
11-10-2003, 01:58 PM
all mentioned are great but i would go with s & w simply due to the fact their sides are better and the drunken doughnuts are the best desert.

BreakEvenPlayer
11-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Ruth Chris Baby!

oddjob
11-10-2003, 09:09 PM
any steak house recommendations when price is a factor? not super cheap but something reasonable $20-30 per person.

PokerBabe(aka)
11-10-2003, 11:26 PM
M2d- the place is a has-been. Babe still likes the Palm best for steaks and chops. Recently, I ate at Bally's steakhouse as well as Binions, and was pleasantly surprised with both meals.

LGPG, EG. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Ed Miller
11-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Hauling your ass to Muckleshoot seemed to be too much trouble for you. Hopefully you will be able to find it within you to find your way to the Bellagio on your trip here. If you do, make sure you tell me when you'll be by and we can meet up. I'd hate to see you marooned at the El Cortez the whole time.

Duke
11-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Wanna start a Ruths Chris vs. Mortons debate??? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had the talk with Clarkmeister a while back and he recommended Delmonicos above Mortons, and I recommend Mortons above Ruths Chris.

~D