PDA

View Full Version : Love, Actually (review)

andyfox
11-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Full theater today, and everyone loved it. Lots of tears and a big round of applause at the end.

Mrs. Fox loved it. A movie for women, I think, more than for men, but I like it too. Very similar, it seemed to me, to Four Weddings and a Funeral, which I liked better, probably because the filmmaker's approach seemed fresher to me then. Hugh Grant seemed to be sleepwalking through his part in this one, he's been there, done it before.

Great cameo appearance (I won't tell you who) by an actor playing the President of the U.S.

You follow lots of different characters in different stories that all come together (sort of) in the end. I paricularly liked Liam Neeson and the actor who played the aging rock star (sorry, don't know his name). The last half hour was too corny for me, though, and sort of ruined the movie for me. I was certainly in the minority on that score, though.

Worthwhile seeing. Rowan Atkinson makes a brief appearance as Cupid, so to speak, and there is a Beanism or two in his performance, for those who like Mr. Bean (and I love Mr. Bean).