PDA

View Full Version : Tricky Tricky

vkotlyar
11-09-2003, 09:04 PM
10-20 Good game, and i know all the players very well. Tight player (TP) raise in EMP. Folded to the fishy small blind (FSB) who has never seen 2 cards he didnt like. I 3-bet from the SB w KK. Both call
Flop: 449r. FSB checks, i check, TP bets, FSB raises, I 3-bet, every1 calls. Turn: A. Checked to me and I bet. Both call. River: K FSB checks, I check, TP bets, FSB folds, I RAISE, and he 3-bets. I really wanted to fold. There was no doubt in my mind. I make the crying call and he shows me AA. Comments appreciated.
Vitaly

James282
11-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Why did you check the river here? Were you that sure he was going to bet a holding that you beat? Think about the action of the hand. On the flop, if he is actually tight, he is saying "I have an overpair to this flop," Or he wouldnt have been in there when you three-bet. Now an ace comes on the turn. If he has an overpair less than an ace, and you now bet, he will muck if he is as tight as you describe. But, he calls(if he has TT-KK he might think he only has 2 outs, and likely fold). What other hand did you put him on that he would bet behind you? The only thing I can possibly think is that he might have AK and not have given you credit for an overpair on the flop...but that seems like an iffy check-raise.
-James

nykenny
11-10-2003, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tight player (TP) raise in EMP.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe... i doubt he is all that tight all the time...

you all tricked each other too much. other than that, the hand was played fine.

kenny

karlson
11-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Bah. This post was much funnier before I got to "Both call."

I would have bet the river, and considered four-betting. I'm not folding unless he shows me his cards.