PDA

View Full Version : How accurate are PokerRooms EV stats?

Redhotman
11-09-2003, 03:26 AM
In just wondering how much value can be put on these? In some scenerios players make more with a hand in an earlier position than a latter position. Isnt this a fallacy of the system?
What value can you put on them...

goodguy_1
11-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Great question.In general they are accurate but there are many discrepancies ie for example if you look at a 6-player lineup:44 is profitable utg but not utg+1,or A8s is plus ev utg but not utg+1 or cutoff.Almost all pockets have some discrepencies..which are obvious..

these stats are full of inconsistencies but they are a good guide if you look at the big picture.

The problem I think is that Pokerrooms' ev stats are based on total dollar amount figures over last xxx hands.

On the ev stats webpage PokerRoom states "they are based on pocket cards dealt at real money tables for last according to the website ~76 million hands-"they serve as a total average for all players"-
thus all expected value stats are skewed by very large dollar winners or losers of whatever hand in whatevr position at whatever limit $1/$2 to $25/$50

So take this into account.Players that play not just marginal holdings but any holdings in $25-50 game versus $1-2 have much more influence on the stats.

when pokeroom says"they serve as a total average for all players" I think all the real-money results are averaged out.so results can be easily skewed unless they filter/adjust it for various levels which I dont think they do.

The best ev stats would all be from the same exact limit --that would be a more pure exact replication of true ev stats..maybe we can get them to do it rather than combining all limits..it could be a very valuable resource and something I would be willing to pay for..say real-money ev stats from their $2-4 games short and full all the way up to their $25-$50 game.

ccwhoelse?
11-09-2003, 05:24 PM
or they could just make everything in terms of Big bets