PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 Hand: Turn Play...Bet or Check with Outs?

Jeffage
11-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Playing in an aggressive shorthanded 20-40 game on Paradise. The game is 4-handed. I'm on the button with 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. First to act is a loose aggressive player. He has raised several hands in a row. He raises. I reraise. SB and BB fold, he calls. Flop comes T /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He checks, I bet, he calls. Turn is the 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif giving me a gutter, a four flush and my pair of 10's. He checks. Check or bet? If you check, you may be checking the best hand (and u have lots of outs if not). But if you bet, you may be raised by an ace or better and it will cost you two bets to chase. Also, a check may get a curiousity call from a real weak hand like 33 or something when he checks twice and u bet the end. Comments? Results later.

Jeff

gaylord focker
11-09-2003, 04:50 AM
Close, but I think you need to bet here. Chances are, you are ahead. Sure you may get check raised if he has an ace, but you still have plenty of ways to beat him. With that board, Its very likey he could be drawing at some sort of gut draw, KQ, KJ, QJ, J8, Q9 etc. I think you have to make him pay on the turn, and you arnt going to like the looks of any paint that hits the board so no free cards. Because he is capable of open raising with such a wide variety of hands, I think its too careful to give him the ace, or a big pair. However, it may be a tough value bet on the end depending on what falls, so Im thinking maybe checking the river is best if you dont improve.