PDA

View Full Version : Dangers of slowplaying

chesspain
11-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Paradise 1/2 Very loose-passive game

I'm in MP, and dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, folded to EMP who calls, I call, folded to the Button who calls, SB completes, BB checks (6SB)

3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked all the way around (still 6SB)

[3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checked to UTG who bets, folded to me and I raise (no cheap cards to singleton spades!), folded to the SB who checkraise/three-bets, folded back to me, and with my getting 9:1 to hit a boat, I call (10BB).

[3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I raise, he calls...

Was I foolish to have raised and called the reraise on the turn? The implied odds seemed to have made it a close call.

Results to be posted

chesspain
11-08-2003, 09:24 PM
SB showed 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the flopped, and now second best, full-house.

Without being results-oriented, should SB have bet out on the flop? Depending on the action, it might have been difficult for me to call even a single bet to my gutshot straight with the flop being two-suited and paired.

Or did he just run into a painful suckout?

balkii
11-08-2003, 09:34 PM
If i were sb I would bet that flop almost every time. get raised by all the overpairs, flush draws, go to war with the case 3. Also trying to get calls from gutshot draws! Lots of reasons to bet.

chesspain
11-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Paradise 1/2 Very weak-passive table

I'm dealt J /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB

Folded to MP1 who calls, folded to MP3 who calls, folded to CO poster who checks, folded to me who checks

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, MP1 raises, I reraise, MP1 calls

[7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, MP1 calls

[7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, and MP1 calls with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, with which he only openlimped PF!

P.S. Included in this player's handle is the phrase "thefish" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tpir90036
11-09-2003, 06:09 PM
i very rarely slowplay anything. even in this situation the SB is going to get called by overcards and every imaginable draw from the weak players....so if i were him my chips are going in the middle.

if the game were a bit tougher i might try to invite people to stick around on this flop for some big bets later on.