PDA

View Full Version : SnG Research Project: Choosing a Seat

zooey
11-08-2003, 06:54 PM
One of the interesting bug/features of Party is yu get to choose your seat at a SnG (as opposed to live play or Stars, where they are chosen randomly.)

So I have been playing enough of them to recognize some of the competition, and have enjoyed a couple of opportunities to grab a seat I really liked.

So that brings me to todays project:

Design a function S of two variables, T & A, such that given an opponents T & A rating, a seat disirability is generated for S1 Through S9, for the 9 other seats counted clockwise. So if you come to a table with 4 opponents already seated, you will get a score for the 6 remaining seats, so you can chose the best one.

Some thoughts:

To describe an opponent's tightness and/or aggressiveness with one number each is obviously a simplification, (preflop vs postflop, for example) but thats what first stabs do.

I was thinking of using Pokerstat's preflop voluntary enter pot and preflop raise as my numbers. So very tight Agressive player might look like [17 10] and loose weak: [38 5] But you could also just use [0,1] as your interval.

The seat scores should be weighted: a super tight weak player should matter less than a super loose player, just because he'll be in less hands with you.

(I've also posted this on the interent forum, I'm not sure which forum would be more interested)

Best,

Zooey

ccwhoelse?
11-08-2003, 11:48 PM
don't the seats get filled up so fast that this isn't practical? it's like musical chairs to play a party sng.