PDA

View Full Version : Gotta be a World Record

Rainbow Warrior
11-08-2003, 05:39 PM
PokerStars Sat. afternoon NL hold-em = 4063 players

It's for poker hobbyists only - play 5-6 hours and the top NINE qualify for tomorrow's weekly freeroll - only $250 and there's already 451 qualifiers.

I played in the 3900+ one last Saturday - finished 25th on a bad beat. Serves me right. 4+ hours I wish I had back.
I like Ultimate's 400 player limit on their tournaments with most of them 100-200...makes for a more reasonable daily time commitment.

Eklypz
11-09-2003, 04:22 AM
The UB limit is kinda nice EXCEPT that you can almost never get in the freerolls and UB point multi tourneys /images/graemlins/frown.gif (not to mention they are usually at 4 am /images/graemlins/frown.gif). They are usually full days in advance.

Those reasons are making me voyage to other sites for my tourneys.

Rainbow Warrior
11-09-2003, 01:27 PM
You're right about the freeroll timing. They seem to be timed to appeal to Asian or Aussie evenings or Euro mornings. Yet, anytime I get to final tables (been lucky lately) in any tourneys it's often me(Canadian) vs. 1 or 2 tables of USAers.
I think a weekly schedule is posted Fridays. By Saturday the smaller, popular freerolls are often full. Register early. It would be nice if they had withdrawal options up to 30 minutes before starting time.

BTW the 8PM 500 point entry fee tourney tonite(Sunday)has lots of room. I prefer the SNG point tourneys - quick and easy. I just won enough this week to order Zee's Hi-lo for advanced players. I may not be qualified (advanced enough) but I'll read it anyway. HAHA