PDA

View Full Version : General discusion: KQo, KQs, AJo, AJs

bdk3clash
11-08-2003, 03:16 PM
How do you guys play KQo, KQs, AJo, and AJs? What factors dictate whether you limp, raise, re-raise, fold, etc.?

I know it always depends, but lately my default play has been to raise with KQo and KQs.

AJs I tend to limp with (and sometimes raise in LP when it "feels right.") AJo I muck regularly in EP and even MP, tending to limp along in LP or raise if I think I can get it heads up with a limper.

What about you guys?

Joe Tall
11-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Such a general theory post is tough to answer. Every game is different, be it tight-aggressive, weak-passive, etc.

Therefore, it's somewhat difficult to answer this question. However, most of the hands you've listed I play for a raise if folded to 100% of the time no matter what type of game.

You may try posting this in the general Texas Hold'em Forum, such a post is good but could dissapear fast here.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

bdk3clash
11-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Thanks Joe. I've had some success here posting general discussion questions. I guess I'm just looking for what factors into your decision.

As I've come to realize, hold'em is fascinating to me because it boils down to a few decisions--check, bet, raise, fold, call--and yet it still manages to be infinitely complex.

At least, it manages to be infinitely complex to me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

crockpot
11-08-2003, 03:29 PM
raising with KQs and limping with AJs makes no sense. KQs benefits more from multiway action, and if i'm left with 'nothing' on the river, i would rather have the ace high to show down than the king high.

i would say the two big factors are position and how many players are in the pot. if it looks like the pot will develop with four or fewer players, a raise with KQo or AJo in mid-late position is not bad. i wouldn't raise with AJs or KQs until middle position, simply because you don't want people out, although you would like to get more money in the pot.

bdk3clash
11-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Thanks. I'll try this out.

ccwhoelse?
11-08-2003, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't raise with AJs or KQs until middle position, simply because you don't want people out

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you advocating, limping with AJs and KQs in EP?

AJs and KQs play better than their offsuit counterparts in multiway parts.

that does not mean you wouldn't raise in EP with them because you want more callers?