PDA

View Full Version : $33 sng party limit

Peter G
11-08-2003, 02:28 PM
First hand am dealt 22 on the bb 8 limpers to me, yes 8. I raise for value, all call. Am I completly wrong here in my thinking, I am getting 8 to 1 to hit trips. Sorry I dont no the correct odds for hitting my 2.
Anyway cards are 2 10 10 7 4, I check utg bets utg + 1 raises couple of callers I call utg calls, Same on turn but I reraise all call. River I bet 2 callers and my hand is good.
Utg player starts calling all the names under the sun saying what a loser I am and how can I raise with 22 etc etc, it doesn't bother me what he thinks I just turn his chat off.
Was my play as bad as he reckoned or was utg just an a r s e as I believe him to be?

Bozeman
11-08-2003, 02:45 PM
You are nominally +EV on the raise alone from a pot odds standpoint (7.5:1 against flopping a set). However, there are 4 additional considerations that may sway the decision either way. If one of the limpers reraises you, you will probably drop some callers, so be wary of that. However, the disguise that the raise gives you may increase your win when you hit. You also may cause players to misplay against you later. However, usually the lower variance play is better in tournaments for an otherwise marginal decision, at least if you are better than average.

Craig