PDA

View Full Version : D-fresh and his self-destructive behavior

gonores
11-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Party 5/10, 6th hand at the table...This is the first time I have played a hand of poker in two weeks

I am B3, holding QQ

B7 and B4 limp, I raise, B1 and B0 cold call, blinds fold, 5 to the flop

Flop: A A J, rainbow

Checked to B4 (very loose and bad player...the reason I sought out this table), he bets, I raise, B1, B0 and B7 all cold-call, B4 calls

What do we make of this? I start seeing monsters

Turn: 9 [A A J]

Checked to me, I check (fully expecting to fold to the inevitable 2 bets it will be when it comes back to me), B1 bets, all call, I call closing the action.

River: 6 [9 A A J]

Checked to me, I check, B1 bets, B0 and B7 call, I call

I won't learn unless I get a little tough love. Please let me have it.

crockpot
11-08-2003, 03:21 PM
where can i find these opponents? if your QQ won in the showdown, i have a feeling they can make me a bunch of money.

i would fold on the turn, closing the action or not. really, what are the chances you're ahead here? and you'll have to pay another bet on the river if you want to find out. you're not getting the odds to play your two outer, especially when you consider someone may hold AQ, AJ, or A9.

Joe Tall
11-08-2003, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Checked to me, I check (fully expecting to fold to the inevitable 2 bets it will be when it comes back to me), B1 bets, all call, I call closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show aggression of the flop and check/call the turn. Snap out of g, bet the turn.

I think you won this hand and one of your opponents had a hand such as 77.

Peace,
Joe Tall

lil'
11-08-2003, 03:42 PM
All right, this is odd. They can't ALL have an ace. Maybe nobody does. There's a very bizarre schooling phenomenon going on in this hand.

Bet the turn, fold to a raise, I guess. It's one BB cheaper than check-calling it down. Very wierd.

cosmo kramer
11-08-2003, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: A A J, rainbow

Checked to B4 (very loose and bad player...the reason I sought out this table), he bets, I raise, B1, B0 and B7 all cold-call, B4 calls

What do we make of this? I start seeing monsters

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be seeing monsters as well. I think you can be done with the hand at this point. They are not all calling with gutshots or jacks.

gonores
11-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Well, at least I medalled.

B1 had A8s and split with B7 and his A2o
B0 had J9s

I made the call on the turn getting 15:1 and a prayer that maybe I was ahead. Once the blank hit the river...I just couldn't fold a 19BB pot for 1 more big bet.

In retrospect, I think should have followed Joe's advice and folded after a bet out on the turn...not sure how to handle the river if everyone called again though.