PDA

View Full Version : How poorly did I play this QQ?

chesspain
11-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Paradise .5/1 New to the table, but know 50% see the flop.

I'm dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button

Folded to EP who calls, folded to MP who raises, I three-bet, EP coldcalls, MP caps, I call, EP coldcalls two more (13.5SB).

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to MP who bets, I raise, EP folds, MP reraises, I call (9.75BB)...I begin thinking I am likely behind, although I decide I'm going to checkcall to the river.

[K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP bets, I call...which is terrible, since I realize after the fact that he can't have any reasonable hand that I can beat (11.75BB)

[K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif] T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP bets, and now since I know I'm cooked, I fold.

I assume that this laydown was correct. Is there anything else I should have done differently on this hand, other than folding to the turn bet?

lil'
11-08-2003, 03:30 PM
I begin thinking I am likely behind, although I decide I'm going to checkcall to the river.

Why? You're losing, unless you know something about Mr. Cappy that you're not telling us.

chesspain
11-08-2003, 03:38 PM
I was wondering in the heat of the moment if he was a slickster who was overplaying TT or JJ. However, after the J and T hit the board, it really didn't matter /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

crockpot
11-08-2003, 03:40 PM
man, i will be impressed if i see anyone at paradise four-bet without aces.

that prejudice aside, there are two decent ways to play this: play the flop like you did and fold on the turn, or call one bet on the flop in the hopes that he stops betting a hand like JJ or TT, or you spike a queen, then folding on the turn. when someone caps preflop and a king flops, your queens are in big trouble.

if the flop percentage is 50, i doubt this guy is a big enough maniac to make this play with a hand that doesn't have you beat.