PDA

View Full Version : So long for now.....

Gomez22
11-08-2003, 03:55 AM
My friends, I am taking a break from the forum and posting and probably poker for a while (although I STILL haven't determined what I'm going to do about the OIC; that I may still play in) to try and recollect myself. I'd like to thank everyone here for making me feel welcome, providing good advice, bashing me when I needed it, and generally making me feel at home. You guys are great! I'll be back, jsut don't know how long it will be, but I'll be thinking of all of you who have nurtured me thus far, and will probably continue to do so in the future.

God Bless the Zoo and all who post here... may your pockets carry aces and your draws hit hard.

Gomez22

SoCalPat
11-08-2003, 05:36 AM
Why leave the forum?

If it's the game you're burned out over, I can understand. But I know you've been running bad lately, so I don't think it's that. I've gone into poker exile before, but I've always come back a better player, largely because I still give/receive input on this board.

Use this time to study your game, find your leaks and strengthen your discipline. Don't abandon it entirely. That won't do you any good.

Hang in there.

BigEndian
11-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Gomez, take a two day break. Re-read Super System, HPFAP or Middle Limit Holdem Poker from cover to cover, word for word over that break, then come back a new player.

If you were playing anything over .50/1.00, drop down to the next lower level until your confidence comes back. You'll know when that is.

- Groove

AceHigh
11-08-2003, 11:32 AM
I second this advice and I would add TOP and Inside the Poker Mind as possible choices of recommended reading.

GuyOnTilt
11-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Copycat. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Come back soon!

GoT