PDA

View Full Version : What's your play?

Yeknom58
11-07-2003, 11:06 PM
2-4 online.

I'm in BB with Kc, 9d.
3 limpers, Sb complets and I check.

Flop: [ 6h, 9s, 5h ]

Sb check, I check, checked to the button who bets SB folds, I raise, EP cold calls, the Button calls.

Turn: 6c
I bet, EP calls, Button raises.

What is your play and plan for river. Lets say you know the river is the Td.

crockpot
11-08-2003, 01:29 AM
i fold unless the button is known to be a very aggressive player. there's just too good a chance he's looking at something better than i have, and with a third player in the pot he is unlikely to attempt a bluff here.

Yeknom58
11-08-2003, 02:48 AM
Well I folded on the turn.

The action on the river went. Check, bet, call.

The caller showed Q9o and the raiser showed 89o. I made some notes, this was a good table.

me454555
11-08-2003, 04:05 AM
I'd call it down and see the turn. I put EP on a draw and I think your ahead of him. Your getting 9.5:1 (10.5 if you count the early position caller). Unless a heart falls, you'll get to see a showdown for 2 BB (1 more to call the turn, and 1 more to call the river). How sure are you that your beat? If you're hand is good at least 20% of the time its a profitable play.

chesspain
11-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Crock,

At first reading, I agreed with you on folding, but on second glance, I'm wondering what the button could have that beats the Hero. He didn't raise PF; he then bets the flop but did not three-bet.

What could he have:

A set or quads? His betting action on the flop and turn make it unlikely.

A high PP? Maybe TT if he plays somewhat tentatively.

Floped two-pair, say with 56s? I guess possible, but seems unlikely

A9s or A6s? Looking more likely

Am I missing something obvious, or does the risk of A9 or A6 enough to warrent a fold on the turn?

lil'
11-08-2003, 10:23 AM
I think crock said it best, on a very aggressive player is going to play back at you this way with an inferior hand. Most of the time I think you'll be behind and end up feeling stupid for calling it down and losing 2 more BB.

I try not to assume my opponents are this aggressive until they show that they are, especially at a low limit table where passiveness rules. But the more you play at a table, the better your reads will be, and you will have a better feel for what to do in later spots.