PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad fold w/ QQ?

XPac
11-07-2003, 04:13 PM
PP 1/2 Typical, loose/passive
Dealt QQ UTG+2
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I raise, MP calls, SB calls, BB folds, UT+1 calls. 4 to the flop

FLOP:
K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to me I bet, MP calls, SB folds, UTG+1 checkraises, I call, MP calls.

TURN:
A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked around

RIVER:
T /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG+1 bets out, I fold, SB folds......

How bad was this fold? When I was playing this hand I felt he had a king, and his river bet convinced me even more so....

EDIT: They were black queens so their suits were irrelevant in this case.

rkiray
11-07-2003, 04:20 PM
I would fold to the check raise on the flop unless that player was extremely aggressive or frequent bluffer. You are probably behind and only have 2 outs.

lil'
11-07-2003, 04:22 PM
I don't think your fold is bad. Most people won't run a bluff into multiple opponents on the river. Besides, there is an ace and king out there, and there are other people left in the pot besides the 2 of you.

GuyOnTilt
11-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Question:

Were you planning on folding to a turn bet if the turn card was a black deuce?

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-07-2003, 04:29 PM
I call the river bet. Why is his play a K and not J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif?

me454555
11-07-2003, 04:33 PM
I think I'd call the river bet. I think a K would bet out instead of going for the checkraise. With 2 suited cards on the board its too risky to give the freebee. The check through on the turn would make me very suspicious that he doesn't hold a busted draw on the river and is trying to steal the pot w/a bet. You don't have to be right very often to make calling a single river bet +EV.

XPac
11-07-2003, 05:00 PM
But I see your point. Either fold the checkraise on the flop, or call it down on the river. Now that I read it, it makes sense that he could have very well been on a flush draw.

BigEndian
11-07-2003, 05:39 PM
Amen.

Not only that, but you probably just got a weak-tight note next to your name for folding after your PF raise when from his perspective you either had a piece of this board or a strong pair of some sort.

- Groove