PDA

View Full Version : 300-600 capped every street

nykenny
11-07-2003, 02:17 PM
OK, it was really 3-6 holdem on Party Poker. I post it here only because I myself am a mid-limit player and would like to hear some co-workers' opinion.

background: a guy (we will call him Yooon for convinence) just sat down 3 hands ago has been raising or reraising every hand. He reraised with A2o after i raised with JJ the first hand he sat down. On a TEN high flop i bet and got raised again! Check call the turn on blank and only to lose to Ace on the river.

And 2nd hand he raised again, i called from BB with Kd3s, this is bad, but i can explain... flop AJ2 all spades. i check call, turn spades, i check call, river blank, i check call, and he had 75o with 5 of spades!

The Hand. one orbit later (Yooon has played every hand so far with raise or reraise and had wone 7 in a row), i am on the button with AQs, two limpers to me i raise, Yooon reraise, everyone calls and i cap.

flop brings AJ8 rainbow. He bet, call call, i raise, he reraise, call, fold i cap.

turn A. he check, check, i bet, he raise, call, i reraise, Yooon caps.

River K. he bet, fold, i raise, he reraise, i said (silently), f**k it, and capped.

How did i do each street?

Kenny

eugeneel
11-07-2003, 02:23 PM
if you knew this guy was a maniac right away you should have capped the flop and mad it 2 or 3 bets on the turn in situation # 1.

nykenny
11-07-2003, 02:28 PM
i have never played with him before and JJ is the first hand i played with him. so i was cautious as usual.

kenny

Paul Talbot
11-07-2003, 03:35 PM
I don't like pressing on the big bet streets here with just a pair. Maniacs get good hands and hit flops too. Once he caps on the turn I'd just call him down on the river.

Regards,

Paul

andyfox
11-07-2003, 03:57 PM
"check-call the turn on blank and only lose to an Ace on the river"

-I prefer "check-raise the turn on blank and he mucked."

"second hand he raised again, I called from BB with Kd3s"

-I prefer "second hand he raised again, I folded from BB with Kd3s because this guy is going to give me plenty of opportunities to make money that are far better than this one."

"flop AJ2 all spades. i check call"

-I prefer "flop AJ2 all spades. This is not a good flop for K-3 so I fold because this guy is going to give me plenty of opportunities to make money that are far better than this one."

-Guys who play and win seven in a row sometimes get entitlement disease on teh 8th hand, so I probably would have said something similar to what you said and kept jacking him up too. Well, at least until the 3rd party folded. Then I would probably have just called on the river.

Funny, I was going to post about my 6-12 experiences as 600-1200 to see how many views I got. Great minds think alike.

mikelow
11-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Now I can use my chest of pennies as a playing stake. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif